“Great Value”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Maribel, Wi, Usa
“Great Value”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was very happy with the quality of the room, and feel this property is a very good value for what I want at this location.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

AllisonM50, General Manager at Days Inn Iron Mountain, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of the Days Inn Iron Mountain. From the entire staff here we are glad that you chose our hotel for your stay and that we could meet your expectations. Thank you so much again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed there when the hotel was NOT super busy. With that in mind, there wasn't a lot of noise, the parking was fine. There is no elevator, and I had requested a room on the first floor during the reservation process (which was not granted or explained why, upon check-in).

The room is not new, but impressively well maintained, and clean. The AC worked out well, so did the TV and the Wi-Fi. We had an excellent night of sleep.

The breakfast was a different story. The coffee had some chunks in it (it looks like they come out of the carafe, not coffee grains) and even if we got a second cup, it was the same issue so we didn't drink it. The orange juice tasted strange too,so we didn't drink it either.

Unfortunately, while we were having breakfast, a teenager was trying to make herself a waffle, and didn't know how to use the device. The employee of the hotel scolded her, which was REALLY not nice. I know the manager reads these reviews and I hope he coaches the employee (hopefully the older gentleman who scolded the guest is not the manager!!!).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for review the Days Inn of Iron Mountain. First off I wanted to apologize for your stay and some of the inappropriate behavior you encountered. I will make sure to let my entire staff here know that scolding someone is not the right thing to do at any time during your shift and the proper way to explain the use of the waffle maker. That kind of behavior is very unacceptable at this property and your review helps me to make sure that things like that do not happen again. I do apologize that the orange juice had a funny taste and that our coffee had some grounds and chunks in. I am going have our maintenance department check it out to make sure the machine is properly working. We did just have our coffee provider come in to test the machine so hopefully any errors that might have been happening are taken care. Thank you for your review without reviews like yours we can not make improvements at the hotel.
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel on sixsuitcasetravel.com. A travel site for families with 6+ people.

We had 2 queens and a pull out couch. There was definitely enough room for all of us

The pool was small put good for a quick swim before bed

We are budget travelers and love it when we find a good deal. I know when the 6 of us go out to eat, it would be more expensive than what we just paid for the night here

The room was clean and there was a pretty good variety of breakfast items to choose from. Nothing spectacular, but a good clean place to stay.

I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your review of the Days Inn Iron Mountain. The staff and myself are so glad to hear that your stay was accommodating and that we met your needs to fit your family. I am glad that our amenities were acceptable and that you had a good stay. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in the future.
beaver dam
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights about three weeks ago. The location was good for the two places that we wanted to visit(old mining company and Piers Gorge). The people working at the front desk were nice. The beds were comfortable with great pillows. The walls seem pretty thin because we could hear some high school girls giggling for awhile in the room next door after we went to bed. The only problem that we had with this hotel was the cleanliness of the pool and whirlpool. I have stayed at a lot of different places as a frequent traveler and the pool and whirlpool where the dirtiest that I have ever seen. You could see a big amount of dirt at the bottom of both the pool and whirlpool. Other than that it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Days Inn Iron Mountain. I do apologize that your experience with the pool was unsatisfactory. We have been going through a transition process here at the hotel in the maintenance department and I know that the lack of maintenance we had definitely showed in our property. We can only make improvements from your comments so the staff and I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you again very much and I am truly sorry for your experience with us.
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Sheets were so thin my knee went through. Back door was propped open so parking lot party goers could go in and out. I consider that a huge security issue. Pets are allowed which is fine, but guests should be alerted in case of allergies, wondered if a dog had slept in the bed. So bad.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for the review of the hotel. I do apologize that your stay was very unsatisfactory. I did want to explain about the pet rooms we have designated rooms that we only allow pets in for that specific reasons of allergies for other people. We try our best to make sure that dogs are not in any other rooms of the hotel. The door being propped open is a very large security issue and I have brought it up with my staff so that when they do property walks that this is not happening at any of the entrances. I do apologize for those issues as they are unacceptable. The best way that we can improve our hotel is from reviews like yours so I do appreciate it. Thank you!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating as we wanted to check in early and check out late due to appointments at the VA hospital. The room was nice, clean, everything worked fine. My partner used the pool and complained that it made her itch (too much chlorine?) I had some difficulty regulating the water temperature in the shower, but all in all it was a very nice stay, the price was very reasonable, and I will probably return to this motel on my next visit to Iron Mountain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AllisonM50, General Manager at Days Inn Iron Mountain, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of the Days Inn Iron Mountain. I am sorry that the pool was a not up to a standard of your liking along with the temperature of the water, I have mentioned it to my maintenance department so that it can be assessed. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in your future travels to Iron Mountain.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I booked this on a drizzly day so the kids could swim (instead of staying at a relatives and driving them crazy.) For the prices, this was an awesome deal. Pool is small but great for young kids, it's across from a custard shop, Walmart, and several other stores, and the free breakfast more than satisfied. The rooms need updating, but were equipped with a refrigerator and microwave, and were clean. There was a couple next door with three kids and a dog, and we still slept through the night- it wasn't silent, but very decent. Couldn't get the wifi to work, which was a bummer- but I didn't ask for help. Recommended if you want an affordable place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor near the stairs- easy to the pool, no noise above us.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AllisonM50, General Manager at Days Inn Iron Mountain, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing the Days Inn in Iron Mountain MI. I am glad to hear that your stay met your needs and that everything was satisfactory. I am glad that the noise was not a factor and that the kids enjoyed the pool. From the entire staff at the Days Inn in Iron Mountain we want to thank you for your review and we hope to accommodate you in the future if ever traveling to Iron Mountain MI.