“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Barnhart, MO
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a short family vacation/white water rafting adventure. The hotel was very nice. The room was clean. The beds were comfy. The shining gem of this hotel was Kevin, at the front desk! He was very friendly, and knew all of the good places to eat in the area, and was just a very nice guy! Also, breakfast was VERY GOOD! My oldest put a pic of the breakfast on Facebook, saying that it was the best hotel breakfast...EVER! They had delicious breakfast burritos our 1st morning, and a good variety of other hot, cold, and continental stuff. The pool & hot tub are salt-water, with a shower in the pool area for rinsing off. Also, a nice little exercise room next to the pool. We will definitely book here next time we are in the area.

Stayed June 2014
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. I'm also happy to hear that Kevyn made such a great impression upon you and your family. He is a huge asset to our team and we are very lucky to have him here with us. Thank you again for the review and we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

A solid hotel in Iron Mountain. The rooms were clean and nice . A nice breakfast with a wide variety of items. The staff were nice. I generally like Country Inn and Suites. They had NICE BEDS. The swimming pool is a bit on the small size. We avoided the whirlpool which was occupied by some foul mouthed folks who were drinking and breaking pool rules. This sort of thing can happen at any hotel. I mentioned it to staff the next day. The staff person apologized for this problem. Why do some people act like such idiots !!! Even after that , I would probably stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear that there were people disobeying the pool rules and I have spoken to my staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We appreciate your review and hope to see you the next time you are in the Iron Mountain area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Hubby has relatives in the area (actually Niagra, WI), and so we stay here a handful of times every year. We're so glad we found this place. Now it's certainly not a 5-star hotel, but this is a great place to stay if you're in the area. The entrance is covered (in case of rain), there's an outdoor sitting area on either side of the entrance, there are ashtrays outside the side entrances for the smokers, there are cookies (and coffee) at the front desk (yum), and their breakfast is really very good! And the rooms are a nice size and clean. There's a pool, hot tub and exercise room. It's located back from the highway so there's little noise with ample parking around the various exits. What more could you ask for in the area?

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm so happy to hear that you have had great stays and have been a loyal repeat guest. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area to visit your relatives.
Menominee, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Made my reservations a month prior to our visit. Asked specifically for a king room and told them I had a Frog Country Shopping Show coupon. I had the person repeat the specifics back to me. No problem. Upon arrival we were given a double queen room and told we had to pay a $20 security deposit because we were using the coupon. We have stayed here before with the coupons and also at the Days Inn never being asked to do this. Not only did they screw up our reservations on this visit and one last fall but I was totally insulted to be asked to pay a security deposit. This implied that because we used the shopping show coupon we are going to damage their hotel. We are not children. We are 60 year old adults. Really insulting. I will certainly be staying somewhere else in the future.

Room Tip: Don't expect to get what you request. The hotel will change your reservation between the time y...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cgcharles
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your past stay. I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience this past weekend. I do apologize that you felt insulted. This was not our intention. Our policy is that we need to have a valid credit card on file in case of incidentals. If the guest prefers, we will take a cash deposit that will be given back upon check-out. This is for every guest whether they have a coupon or they are paying full price. I will be speaking to my front desk staff to make sure they better explain this in the future because like I said our intention was never to insult you but only to enforce our policies. I do hope that the next time you make a trip to the area, you decide to try us again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I just need to see I do check into hotels everyday maybe 290 Days a year but Christy the Guest Service Agent made my stay a very well experience she goes far beyond her expectations as we the Business travelers expect I want to say Thank you Christy for making my stay a memorable one. Go Country Inn Suites Thumbs up to Christy !!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you so much Jaime for taking the time to review our location. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Christy was able to make you feel even more comfortable. She is a wonderful employee and a huge asset to our team. She will be thrilled when I pass your comments on to her! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The bed had to be one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Surprisingly, they have a covered entry under which you can unload your car. A lot of Country Inn's don't have this convenience. The staff's recommendations for places to eat were great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Robert,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. We are thrilled to see that you had a great nights sleep and enjoyed our covered entrance area. We hope to see you again in the future.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed 2 nights with 2 adjoining rooms. One was a king suite and the other a double queen. The suite had a microwave & small fridge, the double queen had neither. The beds were firm. The shower was nice with very soft water & plenty of hot water. The TVs were normal for hotels - relatively small - but tv reception was poor. We could not set the heater in the room - it was set on auto and went on and off frequently all day & night, Irritating. The breakfast spread was very nice with a nice mix of many things, including eggs & meat. There was a lot of noise from the hallway - a lot of small children running around - not the hotels fault. The pool was probably the worst thing - it was very small. Location is good, right across from Walmart, but the road to access it is easily missed if you are not paying close attention. especially at night. Lastly, it is a little pricey. Not outrageous, but high for the area & lack of frills.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. We appreciate your honesty and use your feedback to make our hotel even better in anticipation of your next stay. I am sorry to hear that the heating unit kept you up during the night. Unfortunately even when turned off they like to turn on in order to cycle the air through the room. I understand how this can cause interruption in your sleep. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. It is always a guest favorite. Thank you again for writing your review and we hope to see you again soon.