“Front Desk Amazing Person ”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Front Desk Amazing Person ”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I just need to see I do check into hotels everyday maybe 290 Days a year but Christy the Guest Service Agent made my stay a very well experience she goes far beyond her expectations as we the Business travelers expect I want to say Thank you Christy for making my stay a memorable one. Go Country Inn Suites Thumbs up to Christy !!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you so much Jaime for taking the time to review our location. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Christy was able to make you feel even more comfortable. She is a wonderful employee and a huge asset to our team. She will be thrilled when I pass your comments on to her! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The bed had to be one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Surprisingly, they have a covered entry under which you can unload your car. A lot of Country Inn's don't have this convenience. The staff's recommendations for places to eat were great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Robert,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. We are thrilled to see that you had a great nights sleep and enjoyed our covered entrance area. We hope to see you again in the future.
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed 2 nights with 2 adjoining rooms. One was a king suite and the other a double queen. The suite had a microwave & small fridge, the double queen had neither. The beds were firm. The shower was nice with very soft water & plenty of hot water. The TVs were normal for hotels - relatively small - but tv reception was poor. We could not set the heater in the room - it was set on auto and went on and off frequently all day & night, Irritating. The breakfast spread was very nice with a nice mix of many things, including eggs & meat. There was a lot of noise from the hallway - a lot of small children running around - not the hotels fault. The pool was probably the worst thing - it was very small. Location is good, right across from Walmart, but the road to access it is easily missed if you are not paying close attention. especially at night. Lastly, it is a little pricey. Not outrageous, but high for the area & lack of frills.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. We appreciate your honesty and use your feedback to make our hotel even better in anticipation of your next stay. I am sorry to hear that the heating unit kept you up during the night. Unfortunately even when turned off they like to turn on in order to cycle the air through the room. I understand how this can cause interruption in your sleep. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. It is always a guest favorite. Thank you again for writing your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Got in really late after traveling to Green Bay. This is a comfortable place to stay. Nothing fancy. Comforters need to be changed, they are a bit nasty. Breakfast was very one note, but did the job.

If you MUST stay in Iron Mountain, this isn't a bad place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property from your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the honest feedback regarding our comforters. I have spoken to my housekeeping team regarding this issue and we are taking steps to correct this. Thank you again for choosing us during your stop in Iron Mountain.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I love staying here when I have to travel to the UP for work! The rooms are big and always clean. The beds are comfortable. The hot breakfast is a nice freebie as are the cookies at the front desk. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your high recommendation of our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us when you are in town for work. We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future.
Hurley, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a very nice facility and we stayed with our kids. The pool was very nice and clean as well as the rest of the facility. The staff was wonderful as well. We were in town for a wedding and the wedding party was staying at the property. The only two complaints that we had is that it must have snowed during the day and the wedding party had to get through the deep snow with dresses on. The snow could have been easily removed. The price is a bit high and I believe that we paid $130 for a run of the house room. That is not the fault of the motel but my fault. I could have stayed at other properties but wanted to stay here because the rest of the wedding party did. We would certainly stay again and it is a wonderful place. You would most certainly not go wrong by staying here. One last thing, we stayed in town a few years ago and decided to save a few bucks by staying at a ma and pop place - BIG mistake. It was disgusting. I would have paid $200 per night at this place rather than $50 at that place.... Lesson learned.

Room Tip: If you have kids and you are going to use the pool, ask for a room next to the pool. Kids always ru...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our location from your past stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and for your honest review. I have addressed the snow removal issues you mentioned with my staff and we have taken corrective measures to prevent this from happening again in the future. We hope that we are able to accommodate you again in the future and again thank you for choosing us during your stay in Iron Mountain.
Oswego, IL
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My parents stayed here on a recent trip up North for Christmas and unfortunately came down with the flu. I wound up having to stay with them to help my mom take care of my dad and the staff could not have been more accommodating and thoughtful.
The hotel itself is a nice property--clean, comfortable and well laid-out but it's really the staff that makes the hotel.
When we went to check in and the accessible room did not have a walk-in shower as stated in the reservation they switched my folks to a nicer room with a walk-in shower within minutes at no extra charge. Whenever we needed anything the staff was available and fulfilled the request immediately.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you and your parent's recent stay. I'm so happy to hear that my staff was able to adjust your reservation to accommodate your needs. I'm so sorry that your family got sick during their vacation and I hope that everyone is feeling better now. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.