“Everything I expected - and more!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Phoenix, AZ
“Everything I expected - and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

My sister and I were on the road and needed somewhere to stay. As soon as we drove into Iron Mountain, the Country Inn & Suites was the first place we saw. When I walked in to inquire about availability, friendly Phil at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. He entered our reservation for a two-bed room, and just from general chit chat, he discovered that we were in town for a funeral, qualifying us for the funeral rate. The rate we received was a great deal for what we got.

The rooms are all interior entrances, which is a bonus for two female travelers. The room was clean - very clean - which is #1 on my list of priorities. I didn't even mind walking barefoot in the room. The beds were large (queens I think) and ranked high on the comfort scale. We both slept til 9am which was highly unusual for us!

The night we checked in, we enjoyed a dip in the hot tub and indoor pool, followed by a really good pizza delivered right to our hotel room door from the pizza parlor across the street. We were also surprised by the generous number of channels available on the television.

The next morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (which is convenient and budget-friendly for travelers). They had self-serve waffles, oatmeal, cereals, doughnuts and yogurt. I do wish there were more healthy options but there was certainly more variety and quality than we expected. One bonus was that when I mentioned that I forgot my toothpaste, Phil (poor thing, still at the front desk that morning!) gave me a small tube that they had behind the desk for forgetful travelers like me.

One negative was that my cell service was unavailable most of the time - I have Sprint/Nextel - but my sister's AT&T was fine. I do not know the wi-fi or Internet situation since I didn't inquire - usually this is something important to me, so I wanted to mention it.

Overall this was a great facility for travelers passing through town, or even a family on the road.

• Liked — The comfortable bed & the friendly staff
  • Disliked — No cell phone service (not their fault though!)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

I had a great stay at this hotel a few days ago. The hotel is quite new. The room was comparable to any Marriot or Hilton that I have stayed at over the last few years. Comfy, fridge, microwave, breakfast was acceptable with a few hot items. I don't have a negative thing to say about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank honeymoonin
Budget Host Inn Iron Mountain
Budget Host Inn Iron Mountain
#10 of 11 in Iron Mountain
4.0 of 5 stars 12 reviews

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain? Share your experiences!