“Quick Getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Quick Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here after visiting family in Wisconsin. The Hotel was very clean with pleasant decor. Staff was friendly and helpful. We did not go in the pool although it looked clean, and did not have that overpowering smell of cholrine that some pools have. Has a very nice sitting area right outside the front door to appreciate the great views of the color changing on the tress!! Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank k8eclems
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. I'm happy to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us. One great feature of our pool is that it is a salt water pool. This helps with the chlorine smell like you noticed and also irritation to one's skin. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Iron Mountain!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay, the room was very clean and comfortable. Morning breakfast was satisfying and service staff very friendly. We will keep them as # 1 for future trips. Compared to other high end hotels this beats it for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We always strive to make sure that we are giving our guests the best experience as possible and really make them feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Iron Mountain.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We travel to Iron Mountain two to three times a year. We find the Country Inn our favorite place in Iron Mountain. The hotel is very clean, the beds extremely comfortable, and the windows open to let in the fresh Upper Pennisula air. We enjoy sitting out front on the patio (there are separate areas for smoking and non-smoking). The location is convenient on the east side of Iron Mountain. The breakfast is very good. The breakfast attendant even made a fresh pot of coffee so we could fill our thermos for our 9 hour drive home. The only drawback is that hotels in Iron Mountain are somewhat pricey compared to larger cities.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We always strive to make our guests feel as comfortable and at home as we can. Thank you for your business and we will see you again on your next way through Iron Mountain.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this location & loved it. It is located on the main highway into Iron Mountain, just on the east side of town. It sits back from the road & up the hill, making traffic noise a non-issue. Customer service was impeccable. The gentlemen that worked both the day & night shifts were both pleasant, helpful & even joked around with the youngest of our 3 boys. Everything was clean & cozy, yet not cramped. The warm cookies were a hit. The coffee was fantastic-- the best we've had staying away from home! The only drawback was the noise levels in the rooms. But it wasn't anything that would keep us from returning or recommending it to our friends. Every other part of our stay was fantastic!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. I'm so happy to hear that my staff was able to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Iron Mountain.
Chicago,Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

First time staying at a Country Inn and Suites and I must say I was very impressed. The beds were very comfy, breakfast was plentiful and the location is ideal.

We came up for some rafting and found the location of the hotel to be ideal. Also the free parking and Wal Mart across the street make it convienet.

I do recommend trying the Swedish fast food place across the street. The burger was above average and the place is clean.

I was originally booked to stay at the Motel 6, I was very luck that I did not. The place looked drab. I know the though Country Inn might be $40+ more a night but the amenities are well worth it.

Thanks again to all the staff - This is our hotel for Iron Mountain area and we will strongly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Great breakfast and Clean Hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. I'm happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. I will make sure to pass on your comments to my staff and we look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Check in was a breeze. Found the person at the desk always helpful. She let me know about the warm cookies and went to the kitchen and brought me out some freshly baked. She delivered an envelope I had for another resident and kept the fresh ice water filled near the coffee station. The breakfast was crowded. We ate between 8:30 and 9:30 and both times it was difficult to get a seat or to get through to the breakfast bar without a wait. Many travelers on the road. Food included sausage, scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, toppings, potatoes, sweet rolls, juice (OJ was very watery),toast and spreads, fruit cocktail, bananas and was ample. Arranged nicely and dining area was attractive. Hotel was clean, pool area attractive, many families used it. Hotel elevator worked well, our room had a kingsized bed with about 6 pillows. Pillows were too puffy and hard on my neck but my husband did not seem to be concerned with this...so it could have been me. Little noise throughout the night. Slept on the 3rd floor. Room was a great size. Not big issues and it was nice and fresh. Bathroom had large counter for us to spread our toiletries and good shower. There was a hair dryer. There was a switch that said silent fan. We turned it on and off but not sure there really is a fan, no noise or sound of any kind. Lovely hotel. It is on the east side of town and most of the others (Comfort Inn, Motel 6, Best Western, Super 8 are on the route on the west side of town. This property is next to a rock quarry and across from several restaurants, stores and a Walmart and Home Depot.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the 3rd floor (we were on an end by the stairs) and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LaurieSusan
ZanaSetunsky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. I'm so happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I also am happy to hear my staff went above and beyond to make sure you were comfortable. I am sorry about the silent fan, there usually is no noise when it is turned on. I noticed it said you stayed on the 3rd floor, so just in case I'll make sure my maintenance team takes a look at the 3rd floor bathroom fans to make sure they are all working properly. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Many lovely amenities made our stay here special. Hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff very helpful. Cookies, good coffee and a nice breakfast added to our stay. We would certainly return if we were in Iron Mountain again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that our extra touchese made you feel like you were at a home away from home. We hope to see you again in the future.