“Typical HIexpress, Excellent area option”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Iron Mountain
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Michigan
“Typical HIexpress, Excellent area option”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

What can I say about Holiday Inn Express that you probably don't know, if you have stayed at one? The cinnamon rolls are unhealthy, but very tasty... that's about it.

This property is well kept, modern, clean, and upholds the brand well. Service distinguishes this property. I like front desk staff that take a moment to greet you or say hello when walking by. As well as other small touches, you are not ignored.

This is a good west-side location. If you are doing work at the mill in Quinnesec, you might want to opt for an eastern side hotel. The hotel is close the Bay College, west side businesses, and a good launching point for Florence, Marquette, or Iron County.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago's North Shore, Illinois
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Very clean, up to date, comfortable, decent buffet breakfast........what you would expect of a Holiday Inn Express. The bed were very comfortable and the pool was one of the cleanest, clearest pools I've ever seen. Our fairly spacious double queen room was about $93/nite with tax and a AAA discount....a little pricey, considering the area (in my experience, lodging in the the U.P. tends to be a bit cheaper than Lower Michigan and Wisconsin)........

If you don't mind spending a bit more than some of the other area motels, I recommend the Holiday Inn Express of Ironwood, MI.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Richland, Michigan
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I've never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and we had a nice stay here. The breakfast was decent and there was free wifi.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Convenient location for visiting Upper Michigan and Northern Wisconsin. Clean, hotel, friendly staff. For some reason, our room was not serviced but the front desk clerk was quick to provide clean towels and toiletries for us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We selected this location as our overnight on the way back from fishing in Canada. (We stayed in Orr, MN on the way up - the HIE was less expensive and hands-down far nicer of a hotel.) We reserved the larger king room for business travellers - the room was a bit larger, had a nice flat sceen and awesome bath (granite, tile, very clean). The hotel looks brand new. I had seen average ratings on other travel websites and was not sure but this place beat the pants off the place we stayed in Orr. Now you'd think anything past a fishing cabin would be awesome but I'm kinda picky having travelled extensively for business so had already high standards and this place was all that I needed. It included a free breakfast that has hot and cold food and is the first place I've seen packaging so you can take breakfast to go if in a hurry. Staff was great for the short interactions we had. Only one minor item was our AC which made a bit of a rattle at starting up but quickly subsided once in run mode. I could have cared less given the king bed, nice linens and choice of firm or soft pillows (I brought my own so can't comment on the accuracy of the notations embroirdered on the pillow case). I had to write a review - something I never do - because my brother-in-law and I had a discussion about how no one (real) writes in when they have a good experience, only a bad one. Generally I agree - but this place deserved a note. While it is not a plush, luxury hotel, I am giving it an Excellent review because at this price point, it was money very well spent.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Stayed here one night while on business in the U.P. (see also reviews for Holiday Inn Marquette, HI Express in Houghton, and Comfort Inn Ironwood).

This is a typical HI Express, so you know what to expect and it lives up to it. Everything was clean, fresh, and in good working order. No negatives about the stay; I would return to this hotel if in Iron Mountain again.

Pool was being maintained, so I did not get to try it.

Staff was friendly and accomodating; Internet worked well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Just got back from the Holiday Inn Express in Iron Mountain, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is only one year old, is cleaner than a whistle, and has ample parking.

The breakfast each morning is very nice, and the staff was quick to assure me that the food was just prepared, and it was nice and warm (bacon and eggs). The linens are very nice, and there is ample shampoo, conditioner, soap and a coffee machine and iron in the room.

I understand they don't allow pets, but since I don't have one, it didn't matter to me.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo