Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Iron Mountain
$77
$83
Country Inn
Great 4.5/5
Super 8 Iron Mountain(Iron Mountain)
$61
Good 3.5/5
Budget Host Inn Iron Mountain(Iron Mountain)(Great Value!)
$45
Very Good 4/5
Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain(Iron Mountain)(Great Value!)
$59
$49
Great 4.5/5
Mountain Host Motor Inn(Iron Mountain)(Great Value!)
$65
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Pine Mountain Resort(Iron Mountain)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskgreat stopcinnamon rolls arehelpful courteous staffthe breakfast areaclean hotelwould stay here againhot tubnice stayfree breakfastindoor poolthe room was niceroad tripa great place to staycomfortable bedsfirst floorpine mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Stayed here one night while on business in the U.P. (see also reviews for Holiday Inn Marquette, HI Express in Houghton, and Comfort Inn Ironwood).

This is a typical HI Express, so you know what to expect and it lives up to it. Everything was clean, fresh, and in good working order. No negatives about the stay; I would return to this hotel if in Iron Mountain again.

Pool was being maintained, so I did not get to try it.

Staff was friendly and accomodating; Internet worked well.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Just got back from the Holiday Inn Express in Iron Mountain, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is only one year old, is cleaner than a whistle, and has ample parking.

The breakfast each morning is very nice, and the staff was quick to assure me that the food was just prepared, and it was nice and warm (bacon and eggs). The linens are very nice, and there is ample shampoo, conditioner, soap and a coffee machine and iron in the room.

I understand they don't allow pets, but since I don't have one, it didn't matter to me.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2008

This is one of several newer motels in the area and I was very happy with my choice. The rooms are nicely appointed and I love the fact that there are no nasty bedspreads but instead the bed is double sheeted. And there are so many pillows. All different types and sizes too. The room was clean and the bathroom also was very nice and clean. I had a suite and was impressed that the kitchenette area had a microwave, refrigerator and sink. Also there were sets of plasticware and styrofoam plates in the cabinet. The internet was easily accessible and the plugs for my computer were easy to reach. I hate to have to move furniture to plug in my computer or phone charger. Everything here was well thought out. The front desk was helpful too. My plastic "key" didn't work after I checked in and I had to return to the front desk to get it reset. They called later to be certain that everything was working and that I was not having any other problems. I was very comfrotable here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 9, 2008

The lobby was very nice with a seating area in front of the front desk and then another in an alcove off to the side, which I thought would be very nice if you wanted to talk to someone in peace without inviting them up to your room.

First of all, my room was very, very clean. The bed was so comfortable that I meant to take a look at the brand and the style number as I expect to be ordering a mattress set soon. There were plenty of pillows and they even had embroidery that marked them as 'soft' or 'firm' which I thought was a nice touch. They had more than basic cable, which is always nice. I hate when I check into a room and they don't have expanded cable. I want Bravo, HGTV, the Food Network, etc. this hotel delivers that.

The bathroom was very nicely appointed with an additional light in the tub/shower area and a rainforest shower head. There were more towels than you normally find in a hotel and that was nice too.

The breakfast was good including eggs and sausage, and the breakfast staff friendly, even pointing out to people where the trays were if anyone needed one. The microwave is in another room however and I had to have the front desk unlock it for me when I wanted to microwave something later in the evening. That was a bit of an inconvenience, but not enough to put me off this hotel.

The staff was over all very friendly, although I was surprised that they didn't have local maps at the ready for guests needing them. The clerk who checked me in seemed surprised at the request. She did call my room later to say she had found one, but I was in for the night at that point and had already managed to find what I needed. That's my only complaint and let's face it, it's a knit picky one!

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2008

We just got back from a long weekend with friends at the Holiday Inn Iron Mountain MI. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It was a new facility (even had the smell of new carpet as we entered the lobby). Our room was nice sized, comfortable bed, large flat screen TV, very nicely decorated and most importantly was very clean. The newness of everything certainly helped. Check in was simple, we arrived after 10pm so there was no line for checking in. My only negative comment would be the additional $7 charge per person for breakfast (which I do not believe to be negotiable if you do not choose to eat.) Although it was convenient to be able to sit down for coffee and a bite to eat right at the hotel, we would have had to eat alot of mini muffins, toast, bagels and cereal to get out moneys worth. One more comment, after a day outside in the cold weather a hot tub or whirlpool would have been wonderful. Unfortunately there was none.
We certainly would stay here again and were extremely happy with our choice of hotel. Good job Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)