“My Hometown Pick”

WWII Glider & Military Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am so proud of my community for providing this wonderful restoration of historical significance to the area. Linda D has done a wonderful job of describing the museum.
I took our 10 year old grandson and he was fascinated by the displays and read many of the stories. The volunteer gentleman who was present, also was very knowledgeable about the local involvement in WWII.
It is a hometown pick I will continue to have my visitors visit.

All reviews
"volunteers"
"exhibits"
"visitors"

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My interest in WWII history led us here, as well as its association with another local museum, the Cornish Pump museum, interesting to my husband! The Glider Museum displays not only a fully reconstructed GC-4A glider but other military historical artifacts as well. All is very tastefully presented and thoroughly documented. The museum was established and is maintained by locals who wanted to preserve the Kingsford/Iron Mountain history of building these gliders at the local Ford plant during the war. The glider's place in this event is told through a number of stories as well as factual drawings, designs and processes used to build these gliders. The result is a fascinating display proudly marking the region's place in history. Highly recommend!