“Pathetic for 2014!!”

Romagnoli's
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Iron Mountain
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Nothing's changed, they would do themselves some good reading these reviews. Drove up from chicago on vacation with a 4 & 10 yr old and being forced to wait at the bar when I could see empty tables. Our waitress was the hostess, she finally sat us, took our order and never came back. Our salads were lettuce and cabbage with dressing, that was all. The loaf of bread was great and the food was good. I had gnocchi, wife had spaghetti with meatballs. She said meatballs were great. I only saw one waitress smile and she wasn't ours, sad to say. I hate to say it but behind the hostess podium are memorials to two Romagnoli's women, they must have been the ones that cared because there was no warmth or friendliness at this restaurant. It took almost two hours for this experience to end. We will never come back.

1  Thank Kyle H

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I'm usually a very patient person but this restaurant was just too much. Was told to see the hostess upon entering however there was nobody at the hostess podium. After waiting for a hostess she put us at a horrible table right in the way where everyone exits without so much as even a thought as to whether or not we cared. Then she rudely interrupted me while taking my order to go seat someone else. Waited 45 minutes and our appetizers never arrived, our drinks remained empty and others that came in after us were being served. I'm willing to bet they never even noticed we left. Very disappointed to say the least.

1  Thank Diana W
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I went to Romagnoli's about 6 pm on a weekend for dinner. The ambiance is romantic and Italian. The food was great too. Service was friendly and welcoming. (especially when I dine solo). I had a pasta dish simmered in olive oil and wine. It was obviously fresh (They make their own pasta) and full of flavor. I had a pinot grigiot wine that went well with my food. The bread was served warm - soft on the inside and a crusty outside. I'm glad I stopped.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

When you are waiting you are forced to wait in the bar. Don't order drinks. I think the more you drink the longer you wait. They must be hurting for money and trying to make it up by forcing people to wait in the bar. The waitress kept telling us she didn't have any open tables but when we actually got seated, there were several open tables. You place your order with the waitress in the bar area and you get seated when your salad is on your table. We were told it would be a 30 minute wait and it was 1.5 hours! We should have left but we had already had a couple of drinks and the raviolis are worth the wait. It it wasn't for the ravs, I would give this restaurant a big fat zero! This is a horrible new concept they have

1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The wait was over double what was told. Ordered an appetizer which came up 15 min later and asked for condiment for it and lady forgot to bring till food was done. Then had trouble getting water. Then finally told a table was coming up. 5 min later the lady says oh you are sitting behind that bookshelf. My house salad was oil and water and was so soggy I almost threw the little I ate back up. And nobody came to the table. Pops are charged by the glass w no refills. Hotter than all get out in resturaunt. And after an hour and 45 min we still have no food. Never Again!!!!

1  Thank 2hungry2care