“Avoid at all costs”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Iron Mountain
Pine Mountain Resort
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Winnipeg, MB
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Let's start with the nice stuff: At least they gave me $20 off. This "resort" features a smoke-filled restaurant and a bathroom with someone else's hair plastered all over the shower stall. I booked it off the web site as I thought it was a good price for a "resort." This is definitely a case of you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Mo649

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 26, 2008

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I've stayed in hotels in third world countries which were better.

The "housekeeping" staff does not keep house. They've left dirty dishes in the room, they don't vacuum, they don't clean the bathroom. All they do is fill the towels and make the bed. The coffee supplies were not filled. The bathroom is not cleaned.

This is the highest priced hotel in this town. They charge for a premium experience and deliver worse than a budget hotel. I wanted a premium full service hotel and paid for it.

They don't have refrigerators in the rooms and the ice is only available when the restaurant is open, which is seldom.

The staff expect you to conform to their schedule, if you want to sleep in forget it. You have to let them clean at 8am or you don't get service, they can't afford help in the afternoon is what I was told.

I think the last time the rooms were painted was in the 1950's. They are dated and dirty.

There are junk piles all over the property - which is a nice property. But it looks like a trailer park with piles of junk scattered around the grounds.

The bathroom in the room has a stain of some kind in the tub. I've attached a picture.

Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

Bad facility - bad staff - try somewhere else. I'm very sorry I came here.

Save your money - stay somewhere else and have a better vacation.

• Liked — Nice trees
  • Disliked — Hotel, service.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank bertfromla

Travelers are raving about these Iron Mountain hotels

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 16, 2008

This is a great resort to bring your family to ski. The staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to help people. They make you feel right at home and we really enjoyed it.

The skiing was fantastic and the people outside were equally friendly.

I have also played their golf course which is highly rated and quite challenging. It is beautiful in every aspect of the word.

• Liked — Laid back and comfortable
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Mi
Reviewed November 23, 2007

We stayed at this resort while visiting family in Iron Mountain. It was my Husband, my 4 children all under 6yrs, and myself. We had a room with bunkbeds and a Queen bed. The hallways are not heated. It is freezing. While giving my kids showers (not baths, the bathtubs are nasty, and there is no plug) the water would feel fine, then all of the sudden HOT HOT water would shoot out onto the kids...it was scalding hot. We checked out right after. Do not stay here. Everything is from the 1950s, old, nasty, and under the bed...oh boy, filled with everything from soda cans, to used condoms....Yuck.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Oliviaethanowen
Greendale, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Our stay was nice. We were at the facility for a wedding held on the weekend. We stayed in 2 different rooms. One room had two queen beds and one room had a king bed. Both rooms were very spacious and clean. However, both rooms did have minor problems. Both rooms needed to have remodeling done in the bathrooms. The bathrooms were old and outdated. Tub faucets dripped and stains were on the tubs. Shower curtains were also stained.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The lounge and banquet areas seemed to be adequate and maintained.

The free breakfast was alright , but could have been better. There was a fair selection of items. Could have been more organized.

The wedding reception in the banquet area was well staffed and food serving seemed to move along.

It certainly was convenient to stay where the wedding reception was being held. Would I stay there again ? Perhaps. In my opinion , some remodeling and updates would improve the facility and make my recommendation more likely.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Great older full service hotel that the staff makes you feel like part of the family.With a great bar, restaurant and spa facility I never felt the need to go anywhere after a hard days work. This is my home away from home for business travel and recomend it all road warriors.

• Liked — Warm friendly staff and full service hotel
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank horsebetz
Chicago
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I read all the reviews from trip advisor and hesitated to make my reservation. I contacted the front desk and Judy was able to assist me with my reservation. I told her of my hesitation and she assured me that I would have a wonderful stay. I have to tell you, Judy was 100% correct. When we arrived at the resort we were waited on immediately. We received our room keys and full hotel details. We swam in the pool, used the hot tub, ate at the restaurant, drank at the bar and I must tell you - I was very pleased with the entire resort. The employees were helpful and very cordial. I previously stayed in Ironwood, MI and had a terrible stay and was very worried about my stay at the Pine Mountain Resort - I would stay there again in a second.

• Liked — Everything was nice about our accommodations.
  • Disliked — The elevator is a little small.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family