“Want something a bit different?”

Spiro's Downtown Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Go to Spiro's for a wonderful and relaxed meal that is not the ordinary steak and pasta. They also have a very nice wine selection.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We traveled 35 miles to eat here based on the reviews and it was more than worth it. What a great find. The food was excellent and everything you would want it to be. The Bruscetta was so good I can't eat Bruscetta anywhere else because it doesn't compare. My curry noodle soup that came with my entre was so good I asked for a whole bowl before finishing my cup. I never have liked bread pudding but would order theirs if I am back in the area. Seriously a Great little restaurant.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The comments about the ambiance and french onion soup are right on. Please do not order the raspberry bread pudding unless you are ready to lick the bowl in public!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just got done enjoying a quiet, relaxing evening in my favorite dining place with my husband. The wine was perfect, the baked onion soup delightful, and the tenderloin bruschetta out of this world! Have never had a bad meal there, and Lori and Spiro make it feel like we are coming home. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband, mother-in-law, and myself were headed home from our vacation and were looking for a lunch place during our drive. We happened upon this place. Just looking over the menu made me realize we had chosen the right place. I had the bruschetta sandwich which was phenomenal. I got the pretzels with beer cheese dip as my side and was happy I did. It was not what I was expecting but better than what I had in mind. (I was thinking hot, but it was a cold dip.) My husband and mother-in-laws choices were very good as well. I believe she had the BBQ potato skins and he had one of the daily specials. We decided on getting dessert once we saw one go by the to another table. I got the key lime cheesecake mousse which was served with whipped cream and it was tart and tangy and delicious in every way. My only complaint about it was that it was served in a martini glass and my spoon could not reach the last bit out of the bottom. My husband got the carrot cake and it was very good as well. I would suggest this place if you are in the area. Overall a very good experience. And I can't finish this review without mentioning our waitress, Rita; she was excellent.