“A fantastic experience - always!"”

Spiro's Downtown Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Have eaten here more times than I can count and have never been disappointed. Interesting food, friendly and welcoming staff, and attractive surroundings. Add to that a
wine list that offers outstanding wines to pair with the food, and you have an evening worth
remembering in the making!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had lunch at Spiro's over Thanksgiving, and we were blown away--nice, simple gourmet menu. Great beer selection. Charming, tight little restaurant. And, reasonable prices. Would love to go back in summer when dining outdoors is an option.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I really needed a good dinner after traveling all day through the U.P. and I'm very happy that I found Spiro's.

It's located on a side street downtown and is a small, pleasant space with about 12 tables. The servers (and owner maybe?) were all super-friendly but not overbearing. I did not drink but they had a good-sized wine list.

The menu was very well crafted - I settled on the short rib with Dr. Pepper sauce and polenta. It was fantastic - definitely took me by surprise to find a restaurant of this caliber in such a small town! The french onion soup was also very good.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We found this on a restaurant review web site. We had a little trouble finding it as it is off the main road about 300 Yards down a little alley. It is a nice location. The first thing you notice when you walk in is that the dining room is small, maybe 10 tables? 3 or so of the tables were resereved, but I never saw the persons who reserved the tables actually come in the restaurant this Friday night we were there. The service is good. Atmoshpere is more a modern, with music playing that seems to me would fit a 30 some year old age group (I'm 44). The food and menu was good. If you enjoy Greek food you may appreciate the menu more than I did. All of our food seemed fresh and the taste was unique, as if they actually made it themselves and didn't pull it out of the microwave. I had the "Dirty-Bird Burger." It was really good with some unique tastes. We would go back.

1  Thank Mikeleemon
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Thanks to an extra block out of my way because of a one-way street, quite by chance I found Spiro's. At first glimpse of the planters of bright flowers around the sidewalk patio I knew that there was hope for a good meal in Iron Mountain.

It offers Greek/Italian small plates and entrées, a good wine selection, and desserts. Our server suggested the combo Greek and Italian bruschetta which was excellent, as were the grape leaves. The bistro steak was good, and the pretzel-crusted salmon cakes and orzo were fine if not remarkable.

The patio on a lovely evening was quite enjoyable, and the live vocal entertainment was appropriate for the setting and not too loud to impair table conversation. (The atmosphere is surely even more pleasant when the twinkle lights wrapping the small trees can be lit, but it was the beginning of the migrating bat season, and well... . )

The restaurant itself was filled with a Greek family reunion so service was a little slow at times, but our server was attentive and congenial and at the mercy of the kitchen.