“Rafting fun”

Northwoods Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Northwoods Adventures, located at N4017 US Highway 2; Iron Mountain MI, 49801, is your one-stop source for amazing Michigan rafting adventures. From our popular half day Menominee River rafting trip to intense whitewater rafting in Piers Gorge and everything in between, we offer trips and adventures that are appropriate for people of all ages and skill levels. In addition to our popular Michigan rafting trips, we also offer SUP yoga, and we have the SUP and duckie rentals you need for an enjoyable adventure. All of our equipment is of the highest quality, and our experienced staff will help you choose what best suits your needs. The Michigan whitewater rafting guides at Northwoods Adventures have extensive experience and undergo rigorous training prior to becoming guides. They are extremely knowledgeable about rafting as well as safety. For rafting in Iron Mountain, MI, call Northwoods Adventures now to schedule your own adventure!
Reviewed July 8, 2017

Our tour guide, Zack, was a lot of fun, this was our first time rafting and we would definitely go back to do it again. .

All reviews
"friends and family"
"entire group"
"fantastic job"

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Having always wanted to experience whitewater rafting the Northwood Adventure Staff were the best, for my first time "jitters". The crew of guides that took us showed their experience right off the bat. Eddy, Matt, Chris, Lucas and Steve seemed to take the time on the bus ride down to the drop-in to understand the full variety and diversity of the 35 people they were guiding through this adventure. They switched guides with groups to better fit the adventure. I then observed each guide as they got their group ready for the ride of their life. I'd like to think Steve was the best guide but it really was only because he wasn't afraid to get to know us and to take us through the rougher "line" of the river. Eddy, Matt, Chris, & Lucas also knew their group and gave them a true adventure. There was a guide on the shore ready to throw a rope out to anyone that might have fallen out, didn't remember his name to mention it here but I was sure glad he was there as extra support in the safety of our trip. Even our bus driver was safe and friendly with her passengers. And once I get home to see how the photos and video I purchased turned out I'll post them on all the social channels to spread the word for this highly professional staff at Northwood Adventures.

1  Thank Grace L
Reviewed July 6, 2017

I was a little apprehensive about my first whitewater rafting experience, but our guide Mackenzie was awesome and put me at ease right away. The whole operation is very professional and the staff is very knowledgeable. It was a great time and I would go back again, especially at a time when the water level is a little bit lower.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Such a great trip! Matt was an awesome guide!
Very experienced, patient, and friendly.
Definitely would recommend and return for another adventure.

The Ericksons had a great experience.