“Really nice place with excellent staff! Including Sheeba!”

Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
“Really nice place with excellent staff! Including Sheeba!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I loved the stay at this motel 6! We stopped for one night and came back to stay the following two nights! The staff is friendly and nice and accommodating to anything you might need, they greet you with a smile and even remeber your name:) you feel like you're right at home here with a sweet dog to welcome you at the front door and smiling faces and pleasant conversations you can't help but leaving here with a smile and the satisfaction of a nice stay. As well as the lowest prices out of all the surrounding hotels in the area and discounts at local restaurants for staying here it really can't be beat! Make sure to consider this motel 6 the next time you are in the iron mountain area!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Raezin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fremont, California
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This was the best motel 6 I've stayed in and I've been in plenty. They're bare bones of course and clean but small. This one offers a king bed which made all the difference. Usually I'm depressed but the bigger room and bed made me happy. I talked with owner's son who was quite pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank mageith
otto l, Manager at Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at the ( IRON MOUNTAIN MOTEL ) Formally: Motel 6
We are a local family own and operated Motel, Our goal is to make your stay as Comfortable & enjoyable as possible. Have a safe trip, See you again.

Reservation call 906 / 774-7400 (or) Fax to 906 / 774-7470
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I travel alot in many states and this place is by far the best in everything you want and need for your stay.The value is terrific.The service couldn't be any better.The rooms are very clean.The location is great.Grocery store and resturants are in walking distance.We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
otto l, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
As of 05/01/2013 We have discotinue are relationship with Motel 6. We still offer the lowest price for a clean / clean comfortable room with helpful and friendly staff, Now we can better serve our guest,
RESERVATIONS PLEASE CALL: 906/774-7400

FAX RESERVATIONS TO: 906/774-7470 FAX ONLY
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I spent a night here after having my car break down outside of town one night, and it turned out to be a bright spot on an otherwise not-so-great night. The room was a good size and clean, and the AC worked well and was not loud like some hotel AC units I've seen, and the staff both that night and the following morning were very helpful- even allowing me extra time to checkout without charging me so I would have a place to stay while the mechanic down the road fixed my car up. At 39.95 I can say it was dollar-for-dollar one of the better hotels I've gotten a room at. It's in a good location in the town, and I would recommend it to anyone passing through needing a place to rest for a night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Wildcomet
Centerville, Minnesota
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good price for a large clean single king room. We travel with a very fussy cat and a room can look and smell good but doesn't pass the cat test. He and we made it through the night without a problem. Friendly people that gave us excellant advice for local restaurants which makes it nice for people just passing through. Their lobby coffee was the best in the month we have been on the road. They do not provide breakfast but do partner with near by restaurant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gary b
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

So I assume that all posters before me are more used to motels then hotels. This place is borderline terrible (1 star). The only real thing keeping me from rating it lower is the price as two rooms here cost as much as one at the holiday inn. I guess the size of the rooms too. Those are the only real redeeming factors. This place is old. Smelly old. Rusty air conditioners old. Forest green stinky carpet old. Clean, but old, bathrooms. Get me outta here! Oh wait. New thing. People walking upstairs from us? Yep. I can hear every step they take and I have the TV and AC on. At least it's for one night only. Never again. Anyone rating this place higher than three needs to be taken out back and beaten.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed for one night while passing through en route to the Keweenaw. The man at check-in was very friendly and helpful, and full of suggestions for places to eat both night and morning. The room was clean and spacious and the lobby coffee was quite good. Upon checkout we chatted with the owners for awhile and it was very evident they take real pride in their hotel, especially the cleanliness, which was evident in the room. Not a single hair to be found anywhere in the bathroom which is exceedingly rare, if not typically impossible. Will definitely stay again if passing through or perhaps longer if Iron Mountain is our final destination.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple