“BEST Motel in town!”

Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I travel alot in many states and this place is by far the best in everything you want and need for your stay.The value is terrific.The service couldn't be any better.The rooms are very clean.The location is great.Grocery store and resturants are in walking distance.We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2012
otto l, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

As of 05/01/2013 We have discotinue are relationship with Motel 6. We still offer the lowest price for a clean / clean comfortable room with helpful and friendly staff, Now we can better serve our guest,
RESERVATIONS PLEASE CALL: 906/774-7400

FAX RESERVATIONS TO: 906/774-7470 FAX ONLY

There are newer reviews for Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I spent a night here after having my car break down outside of town one night, and it turned out to be a bright spot on an otherwise not-so-great night. The room was a good size and clean, and the AC worked well and was not loud like some hotel AC units I've seen, and the staff both that night and the following morning were very helpful- even allowing me extra time to checkout without charging me so I would have a place to stay while the mechanic down the road fixed my car up. At 39.95 I can say it was dollar-for-dollar one of the better hotels I've gotten a room at. It's in a good location in the town, and I would recommend it to anyone passing through needing a place to rest for a night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wildcomet
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good price for a large clean single king room. We travel with a very fussy cat and a room can look and smell good but doesn't pass the cat test. He and we made it through the night without a problem. Friendly people that gave us excellant advice for local restaurants which makes it nice for people just passing through. Their lobby coffee was the best in the month we have been on the road. They do not provide breakfast but do partner with near by restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gary b
Reviewed August 10, 2012

So I assume that all posters before me are more used to motels then hotels. This place is borderline terrible (1 star). The only real thing keeping me from rating it lower is the price as two rooms here cost as much as one at the holiday inn. I guess the size of the rooms too. Those are the only real redeeming factors. This place is old. Smelly old. Rusty air conditioners old. Forest green stinky carpet old. Clean, but old, bathrooms. Get me outta here! Oh wait. New thing. People walking upstairs from us? Yep. I can hear every step they take and I have the TV and AC on. At least it's for one night only. Never again. Anyone rating this place higher than three needs to be taken out back and beaten.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed for one night while passing through en route to the Keweenaw. The man at check-in was very friendly and helpful, and full of suggestions for places to eat both night and morning. The room was clean and spacious and the lobby coffee was quite good. Upon checkout we chatted with the owners for awhile and it was very evident they take real pride in their hotel, especially the cleanliness, which was evident in the room. Not a single hair to be found anywhere in the bathroom which is exceedingly rare, if not typically impossible. Will definitely stay again if passing through or perhaps longer if Iron Mountain is our final destination.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ndap987s3w
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you research my rebiews you'll see I have stayed in many a Motel 6. Some I did not care for, but with the price, I can put up with it. Others (like Palm Springs East) I love.

This is without a doubt, the best Motel 6 I have ever stayed at, anywhere. Still shows it's Best Western roots.

Large rooms, nice beds, great parking, restaurant and grocery nearby. Highway noise a bit loud if the window is open and you face north. Air conditioning too light for the size of rooms.

Family that runs the place is nice. I think they'd be even better if Motel 6 didn't make them act like a Motel 6.

Stay here. Book direct. Best price in town. Clean, nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces east if you want it more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SenseIntoDollars
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here after reading favorable reviews on tripadvisor. I'm so glad I did. This used to be a Best Western so the quality seemed a little higher than you might expect from a Motel 6. Perhaps this is why. The staff were super helpful and friendly-- asking often if everything was okay with the room during the two days that I stayed. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is centrally located in town. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Finally, you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family