“Gross!”

Super 8 Ionia MI
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ionia
“Gross!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay here after a long week of truck driving. Now we got the room for just over forty dollars, so in no way did I expect a five star experience. The lady at the front was very pleasant. We got into our room and I was shocked. It hadn't been vacuumed, there was food everywhere, and what looked like dried dog feces stuck to the outdated filthy carpet. I checked the bed as I do in any hotel, and what I found strategicallty hidden towards the top was hair, nail clippings, and what looked like dead skin. The sink and shower was stained with God knows what. So I decided to look into it further. The tops of EVERYTHING were covered in dust. I covered the bed in my own linens and tried to go to sleep. Upon waking up I discovered the phone, tv, and washing machine did not work. The microwave was hanging on by a thread. The breakfast was scarce. Two options of cereal, so so biscuits and gravy, apples, and a loaf of bread. I had a Belgian waffle, which would have been delicious if the batter wasn't sour. After all this I decided to take my issues to the front desk. He informed me the manager wouldn't be in until later. Which would have been fine had we not been leaving town that hour. He couldn't call her or do anything for me. After about 20 minutes he handed me ten dollars! Needless to say I am waiting for three o clock to roll around to call again! Check your room before you pay!!!!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Newmarket
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I don't expect much from basic truck stop type motels. But this one was clean and beds were good. But I do expect to get what is paid for. Our initial room we were given had a broken AC unit, so had to switch rooms. I booked and paid for the 2 queen suite with a kitchenette. I had to pay for the room on check-in, even thou you have all my credit information you still insist on payment first. Never understood this. Anyway we got switched to a plain 2 queen room (no kitchenette or fridge). They didn't have anymore kitchenette suites available. I told them during the switch that I already paid for the kitchenette suite, do I get a credit...they said no its the same price. I didn't want to argue about it, so left it.....as I couldn't prove it. Just looked on line now...the kitchenette suite is 5 bucks more. Not a customer friendly motel. Also they charged me a 15.00 Pet fee...no where on my booking or on your website could I find a pet fee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Lapeer
Reviewed June 26, 2013

When I spoke to the desk clerk about the AC not working in the room she spoke with a man that did not seem to understand what I was saying or asking and as it turned out he eventually gave me a $5.80 credit back on the room, I certainly would think it should be worth more than that, especially since we asked about the AC working in the rooms at check in and were told yes it worked in all the rooms, the lobby however had no AC working and was extremely warm. We come to this hotel every year and stay over night, but will certainly be looking for a different place next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ionia
American Inn & Suites Ionia
Econo Lodge & Suites
#18 of 49 in Grand Rapids
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Red Roof Inn Lansing West

Been to Super 8 Ionia MI? Share your experiences!