“A favorite for many many years.”
Review of Hofbrau

Hofbrau
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Interlochen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
South Carolina
“A favorite for many many years.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Hofbrau is a restaurant that we usually visit once during any trip to the area. While we haven't been to Interlochen in a number of years, This year we stopped for Sunday brunch. We definately were not disappinted. We arrived early, before doors were open and there was already a line outside. They actually let us all in a few minutes early. The brunch was as good and as reasonable as I remembered it, with some beverages included. I think going early is a good idea as I noticed some of the great desserts going quickly. They do nice extras like chocolate covered strawberries! Good omlet and waffle stations and excellent prime rib. The service was very good and we sat at a nice table away in a corner, which was wonderful for the children, which the hostess suggested. We did not get back for an evening meal but felt the brunch was absolutely just right. This has been a longtime favorite of the Interlochen Center for the Arts crowd.

• Visited July 2014

“What is happening to one of our favorites?”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants, but within the last year it seems to be going downhill...especially the service. Yesterday our server forgot things we substituted and never brought them after being reminded. Our bread basket never came, salads came before soups...then they ran out of the soup we ordered. We had to ask for drink refills several times before getting any. We asked for extra plates so we could share, they did not come until we were half way through eating. The food was good (except the black olives are nasty). Last time we were there, my wife ordered a stuffed chicken breast, they brought a grilled chicken breast and couldn't make the stuffed one in a decent amount of time. The time before that, one of our steaks was over cooked. The stories go on and on. They have always taken bad meals off the bill...but we would just like to pay for all our meals and a good experience. It doesn't look like we will be going back...

1 Thank Matthew L
Traverse City, Michigan
“Sadly, it's not what it used to be”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

For years, we have dined at the Hof Brau because their menu was extensive and the food was excellent. Other than real wood-paneled walls, no one went to the Hof for it ambiance. This once destination restaurant has now morphed into a noisy bar with a limited menu. On our last visit (and I emphasize "last"), I ordered fish which was served undercooked (still frozen inside) and the sides were small or greasy. When the server saw that I was not eating the meal, she was very apologetic and offered to bring me replacement. I ordered a different entrée but I simply wanted to leave this "wannabe" sports bar and treasure the memories of what it used to be. Sorry Hof Brau, as you continue to market to the sports bar and electronic game crowd you will have customers because you're pretty much the only eating location in town. Oh, well, there is Wendy's if we're ever back in the area and hungry.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Doc3100
“Always great food and service”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We always hit the Hofbrau when we are "up north". The food is always good even though it is basic. I only wish they offered a few more vegetarian items...even a veggie burger would be nice for those who have eating challenges.

Harbor Springs
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Though the atmosphere is neat and the location to Interlochen Center for the Arts very handy, we were overall disappointed in our dining experience, both in food quality and service. My sister and I bother ordered the fettucini alfredo. She got the shrimp FA (which came without shrimp, but they rectified that quickly) and I got the Northwoods. Both our pastas were very dry but they did bring more sauce for us. We both agreed our dishes had very little flavor, as did the bleu cheese dressing on our salad. Speaking of salad, we were maybe halfway through ours and our entrees arrived. What?? I mentioned maybe they were rushing us in order to prepare for a pre show crowd, but we were plenty early, and it never really did fill up while we were there. Our half-eaten salads, which were pushed off to the side indicating we were finished, sat on our table through our entire meal, as did empty wine glasses, in spite of our waitress having been at our table a few times. Perhaps she expected the bus staff to remove them, but she walked away empty handed three times. (My motto is a good waitress never makes an empty trip.) This place was on the more expensive side, which I don't mind if I get good food and service. Unfortunately both of those were lacking.

3 Thank JJSidney