Hofbrau
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Interlochen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

First of all they are expense...more so since the last time I was there. They used to have normal portion sizes, but apparently things have changed. I ordered onion rings and a hamburger. The onion rings came in about a 20 inch basket. There were 7 rings. Imagine the size of an oversized cinnamon roll. That's how big they were. I could only eat 2 and I was stuffed before I even got my hamburger. Then the hamburger comes in a 20 inch basket as well with a huge hamburger and enough fries for 3 people. I didn't order fries to begin with. The food is good-but based on this visit, they are definitely contributing to obesity. I have never seen portions this big in all my life! Its unrealistic.

1  Thank raneroni2

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our visit on Tuesday was the worst experience we have ever had at the Hofbrau. We will never make the effort or waste of money at your business again! IT took over 2 1/2 hours for 11 of us to eat our dinner. ANd you werent even that busy. My husband complained to the manager on duty 3 times, never got an apology or offered to discount our meals. My husband Chicken was dry and the sauce on the chicken parmesan was aweful. The only reason he ate the chicken was because he was starving! My sons Fish was cold and greasy. He didnt finish his either and was sick the next day. Not sure why anyone would go back to eat there ever.
Terrible service and food.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Sunday brunch buffet takes up THREE rooms! And everything was delicious, as well as very reasonably priced. We hope to make this a family tradition every time we visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We vacillated between us, where to eat Sunday brunch in the Traverse City area. We have eaten at all the local hotspots, some fancy, some average, some popular, some not so popular. We wanted somewhere different. We threw names around, made faces, groaned and whined. I was visiting a local resident and told her to pick! She did-this place. At first, I was a bit hesitant. I didn't want the word "bar" in my Sunday brunch-LOL! I have eaten Sunday brunch or breakfast at some great bars have you, so I am not knocking the bar establishment. So off we went. A nice scenic drive, 15 miles from TC. Parking lot is small.

Upon entry, I said, "Yep, it's a bar." However, I could quickly see all of the brunch setups and we were seated promptly by Gina, a very friendly waitress. We were seated near the rock fireplace and rock fireplaces are dear to my heart. Good choice, Gina! 3 stations of food were set up and the service at the prime rib/omelet/Belgian Waffle/Waffle station was top notch. Very friendly, funny, personable chef at your service! There is a dessert station and the "sides" station-the bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, lunch items of brunch, etc. We were very pleased with the food-all was excellent and we could have went back for more, if we were not stuffed to the gills already. But it was sure tempting!

Price is fair-$14. Decor is that of old up north log building bar. It was pretty busy and was getting busier as we left. I am sure the church crowd was on the way in. Highly recommend for locals, visitors, and something a bit different outside the limits of TC.

2  Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We enjoyed the Sunday brunch at Hofbrau very much when we visited on Sunday. We had the nicest wiatress, Gina. She took care of each of her customers with great care and excellent attitude and service. The owner Brian, was always walking around speaking to his guests and working very hard also. All the food we had was very well made and delicious. My husband enjoys the fact he can have a omelette made to order.