“Now called Maddy's”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Nice patio dining as well as several different inside areas provide more room than one might think from the outside. Good burgers, hearty pasta dishes and dinner salads are just a few of the offerings on their large menu.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

MADDY'S US 31 TAVERN - Cruising home down U.S. 31 from an Up North weekend on a Sunday afternoon and we decided to give it a try. We remembered stopping here many years ago when it had an Italian name. I tried the daily special - Roasted Chicken Dinner. It was very good. My kids both had a meatball sub - very good. My husband had a pulled pork sub - very good. It was a happy place and we would stop there again if we found ourselves in the area again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stopped in for a burger and beer after bowling. Good burger, excellent bun, with roasted pepper and goat cheese. Accompanied by fries and a beer from the Upper Peninsula, Keawenau Widow Maker, which was a bargain at $3.00. Way too many carbs at one time for me, but they tasted good. My wife got a hot Italian sandwich, which she loved.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The name & ownership has changed within the last several months. It is now 'Maddy's Roadhouse'. I have not been there since the change. But as for before the change: the place has always been extremely popular. The outdoor seating was great in the suimmer, not for any views (there is a fence to conceal the roadway) but because of the happy folks packed in. The bathroom I have used (there may be more than one, don't know), was unisex, small, old & a little yukky. I hope the new owners have made the expense of upgrading the restroom(s).

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Asked the waitress for a few suggestions and she told me the fettuccine Alfredo was really good, so I ordered it. It was hands down the blandest, fettuccine I have ever had. No taste whatsoever, well kinda like cardboard if cardboard had a taste.. I ended up eating the endless bread they offered for my dinner. On the other hand, my husband ordered the lasagna and it was delish. He was getting mad at me because I kept asking for bites, because I was starving!! I decided to take it home to my 18 yr old son who likes any kinda noodle, no matter what it tastes like. He wouldn't eat it either.... In a nutshell, it was a cute Atmosphere, and maybe the cook just made a bad batch that night, but I wouldn't order it again...