“Great Little Find!”
Review of Bud's

Bud's
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Interlochen
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Description: Bud's is a cozy place to bring your family and friends to enjoy "life's simple pleasures" Stop in for locally sourced breakfast, lunch, dinner or just to grab a home made snack from our bakery. We feature a full espresso bar, hand dipped premium ice cream and soft serve custard. Enjoy the fireplace in the winter and the porch in the summer. Welcome to Up North and Bud's!
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had dinner tonight at Bud's along with children and grandchildren. There is something for everyone, made to order. Service is slow on a busy summer evening, but no one seems to mind. The gift selection is fun and interesting; we had lots to browse through while waiting in line to order. This is obviously a campus hang-out for the Interlochen students and professors, and that made for an even more interesting visit. Look forward to visiting again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stopped for breakfast on the way out of town Friday, what a wonderful surprise. Ordered a variety of items as traveling with family, all were great. I had the breakfast pizza and enjoyed it so much I ate the whole thing. Had a nice little gift shop too!

1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We ate here 3 times while in the Interlochen area. The service was always good. The food was delivered very quickly and was delicious. It was very affordable also compared to other restaurants we had gone to. Would definitely go there again when we are in the area.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

There's a reason this place is so popular – it's just a terrific place. Yes, the pace is casual, but it caters to the vacationing crowd, so if you're in a hurry not sure what the heck you're doing here. Always a little wait on a summer evening. Lots of fun stuff for sale to browse while you wait. Sandwiches done right –– good ingredients, delicious. We went here the first time because we thought it was basically about the ice cream, but when we saw the food menu, we went back and were really happy we did. If I were to suggest anything it would be a better delineation between the lines for those ordering ice cream and those wanting meals. But, this is a winner. Check it out.

1  Thank TJSullivan
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I remembered why my wife and I haven't eaten here in several years as I sat waiting, and waiting for our food. It wasn't very busy and I didn't have to wait to order, but we did wait for our food.

I ordered a cuban, which was tasty. My young granddaughter liked her kids cheeseburger ($5.50 for a 3 oz burger with no fries) and my wife had a chicken wrap which didn't have much flavor. We had 1 decaf, 1 tea and 1 water, yet the price was over $27.00 without a tip! As a local, I believe that is rather pricy.

It will be many more years, if at all, when we will return to Buds.

2  Thank Bob M