“Love this place”
Review of Bud's

Bud's
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Interlochen
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Description: Bud's is a cozy place to bring your family and friends to enjoy "life's simple pleasures" Stop in for locally sourced breakfast, lunch, dinner or just to grab a home made snack from our bakery. We feature a full espresso bar, hand dipped premium ice cream and soft serve custard. Enjoy the fireplace in the winter and the porch in the summer. Welcome to Up North and Bud's!
Reviewed July 6, 2014

There's a reason this place is so popular – it's just a terrific place. Yes, the pace is casual, but it caters to the vacationing crowd, so if you're in a hurry not sure what the heck you're doing here. Always a little wait on a summer evening. Lots of fun stuff for sale to browse while you wait. Sandwiches done right –– good ingredients, delicious. We went here the first time because we thought it was basically about the ice cream, but when we saw the food menu, we went back and were really happy we did. If I were to suggest anything it would be a better delineation between the lines for those ordering ice cream and those wanting meals. But, this is a winner. Check it out.

1  Thank TJSullivan

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I remembered why my wife and I haven't eaten here in several years as I sat waiting, and waiting for our food. It wasn't very busy and I didn't have to wait to order, but we did wait for our food.

I ordered a cuban, which was tasty. My young granddaughter liked her kids cheeseburger ($5.50 for a 3 oz burger with no fries) and my wife had a chicken wrap which didn't have much flavor. We had 1 decaf, 1 tea and 1 water, yet the price was over $27.00 without a tip! As a local, I believe that is rather pricy.

It will be many more years, if at all, when we will return to Buds.

2  Thank Bob M
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Buds is a little odd in that you order at the counter, find a seat and wait for the server to walk out and call out your name. It probably is more efficient but takes away from the feel
Of being in a restaurant. That being said the Buds breakfast was good deal. Two eggs meat toast for $5. Served hot and as we ordered. Will visit again.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Really impressed by the store. My son received a coupon for an ice cream. Stopped into redeem. Old time general store feel. Wraps, deli sandwiches, ice cream, fountain drinks, coffees, etc. Old fashioned candies; baked goods - generous portions w/ appropriate pricing. Plan to visit again when I'm in the area next time.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stop by here for sure. Good light Breakfast and Lunch selection. Very clean, good service at a reasonable price. Very close to Interlochen SP and the Center for The Arts.
Be sure and pick up a handout witht he history of Buds