“Travel all over Northern Michigan and its by far the BEST place I have been (the wife says so too) can't wait to get back”
Review of Brentwood Lodging

Brentwood Lodging
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian River
Brentwood Lodging
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am not sure what the bad reviews are about at all. We were reading them on the way up and were very concerned. Upon arrival that quickly went away. The rooms are top notch unless you are use to the Hilton and as we all know if that is you, you are going to be in a challet over at boyne. The snowmobile/atv trails run right next to the cabins. The manager was quick to roll out the red carpet. We will be frequent flighers to the Bentwood.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank neib

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place was nothing but a bad experience for my family. the place was totally filthy and smelled as if it was cleaned with an ashtray. I would not recommend this place to anyone. This is nothing more than an old run down hotel that this guy with a bad attitude is trying to call it cabins ! the guy had us stay on the main road, when I told him this is not what we expected he said "wait til night time when it dark it will get better and the traffic would die down". This was not true the traffic continued all night long and it stunk so bad in this motel room the window was open all night and we could hear the traffic all night long. I hope you read this and don't stay there, trust me. Or not your time and money will be wasted and you will not have a good time. and beware of the spiders, my kids had bites all over them the next morning. Read this and if the owner pays to have this removed I will place another warning because this guy deserves NO ONE BUSSINESS ! SMELLY ROOMS + BAD BAD OWNER = BAD TIME LOSS OF FUNDS

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed August 15, 2012

House we stayed in was in need of a serious cleaning. Mold and spiders over shower was about the worst thing, otherwise just not clean. Towels were stained. Bedroom TV's had no remote. Beds crunched when I rolled over in them. Nice thing we found was the fire ring and firewood. Every night we had a private fire. Ours was private because the fire ring was behind my brothers house, but did note that it appears that the small cabins or hotel have a commune pit which would have kept me away if others were there.
The ATV my brother rented ended up getting a flat tire and the insurance money they put forth did not cover this.....was over $100 charge.
Bottom line: Would stay again but only with a special giving a "Nice deal" to make it worth putting up with a dirty house.

Room Tip: Rent a house instead of a cabin or hotel room. Ask for one with a fire pit right there. If you have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our cabin was disgusting , hairs on the pillow cases, bed sheets, on the silverware, in the shower, dirty ear plugs on the floor, food in the microwave, dead bugs all over the floor, couch had food crumbs on it, pillow cases had actual dirt stains on them. The manager art Phillips was rude, drunk and threatened me cursing and pointing his finger in my face when I asked if we could get someone to clean the room.
My honest advice , yes its a cheap place to stay, but of your looking for nice and clean STAY AWAY. Either that or take your own sheets , pillows , and silverware.
I would not recommend staying there if it was the last place up north.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank infsarge
St. Louis, MI
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband, son & our two dogs stayed at the brentwood Lodging on July 13 & 14, 2012. It was very nice. The rooms were cleaned & the property was very well taken care of. We stayed in a two bedroom cabin. It had a micowave, frig, oven & coffee pot. Nice bed too! Very conveient to park right by the door and take the dogs out. Nice area for firepit. Wood was provided.

Canoe the Sturgeon River it was a great time. However, for the more experienced canoe/kayakers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary J
Lake Station, Indiana
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband, parents and 2 other friends stayed at Brentwood lodging back in July 2010. When we arrived we were greeted very nicely and the property was very nice looking. We booked the 3 bedroom cabin in the back. When we got inside the cabin, it was ok. Nothing great but do-able. I do have a couple complaints from the other people in my party that I am going to put in here. 1st- was the "3rd bedroom" if you can call it that was actually like a back room with a door in it to go to the backyard. There were 2 beds in there but everytime you went outside you had to walk through their room. 2nd -is that the 3rd bedroom did not have one single shade or blind to block the sun and there were about 10 windows in that room. Our friends went up to the front and got a whole bunch of blankets and nailed them up to block the sun. 3rd-Lots of spiders everywhere, dead and alive. That 3rd bedroom was the worst with tons and tons of spider webs with dead and alive spiders. They really don't clean up with detail there. I understand we are out in the woods and there are going to be begs, but at least the dead bugs should of been cleaned up. Other con is that it is only has 1 bathroom and that's our fault for not looking into the property more. There is a washer and dryer which is nice. The pics from the website for the 3 bedroom cabin are not what you get! That pic is of their 3 bedroom cabin all the way in the back. The nicest one of course, but they want you to think that is what you are getting and you are not! The first picture on the 3rd row on their website is the pic of the 3 bedroom and the 2 pics on the second row are not your backyard. Your backyard has barely any grass and looks no where near as nice as those 2 pics on the second row. I put this in there because we brought our dog and thought that backyard was very nice and we would be able to play with him, but actually the backyard is not very great. So just fyi.

The owner of brentwood lodging, gosh I can't remember his name but what a nice guy! He is an older gentlemen and his family works there. Well our trip was basically for 4-wheeling and you can drive out on the roads out there and there are hundreds of miles of places you can go. Just make sure you bring a map or a phone with gps so you can find your way out cause you will get lost!!! and you will need to find a gas station!!! Well the owner went out with us one day 4 wheeling and took us all over. We spent about 6 hrs with him and he showed us alot of nice places to ride. What a nice guy! Do beware he is not your typical grandpa driver, he drives aggressively and that was definatly good because I was a little worried that we would be driving 10mph the whole way. Nope he drove about 30mph, lol so we seen alot in those 6hrs. Pricing was reasonable and you can ride your atvs right off the property and never have to trailer them. Indian River is beautiful and we are returning this June, but we have decided to book a house on vrbo.com with a little more amenties. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Perfectjenn
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2009

While visiting Indian River for a wedding, we reserved a cabin at the Brentwood Lodge. We were pleasantly
surprised when offered an upgrade to a spacious one bedroom house at no additional cost. The house appeared
to have been recently remodeled and offered fabulous views from every room. Not only was the house
spacious, modern, and clean, it offered everything we needed including a dishwasher and laundry room. The
convenient location was also a bonus. We were only minutes from the quaint downtown district and only 30 miles from Mackinaw. I believe the normal cost for this amazing house is only $120 per night. If we ever return to Indian River, this will be the place for us! We'll simply ask for the house in the back with the red door!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Petoskey
Best Western Of Harbor Springs
Best Western Of Harbor Springs
#1 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Brentwood Lodging? Share your experiences!