“Cleanest restaurant I have ever seen”
Review of Paula's Cafe

Paula's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Indian River
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were traveling so this is the first time we have been there. I had a hamburger because they make their own hamburger buns. It was fantastic. The waitresses were almost too nice to be real. I couldn't find a speck of dust so I told the waitress I was impressed, apparently they have a motto, if you're leanin you're cleanin. Someone was cleaning the fingerprints off the chairs while we were there, no kidding. Do yourself a favor and look in the kitchen. It looks like an operating room. Why can't this place be close to my house!!!

1  Thank 1963Buick

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This tiny cafe with the tea pots sprinkled around is the homiest place to have breakfast. The wait staff is the best and their menu is wonderful. I always get the pot roast hash (with eggs) and my husband gets the egg's benny and we share.
Fantastic food at a great price. FAST service!

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The staff are warm and good-humored, which is important for an early-morning experience. The food is reasonably imaginitive for a breakfast menu, though they serve the basics as well. And the teapots...too cute.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We decided to skip Gaylord and drove 25 miles further to get a great breakfast just off 75. Great service, wonderful raspberry pancakes ( house specialty) and very good omelettes. Note:With a car loaded with bikes and luggage, it was great to be ale to park in a private parking area visible from restaurant.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Family of 4 adults from lower Michigan had one of best breakfast in northern Michigan. Recently remodeled knotty pine interior with a vast tea pot collection gives the cozy feeling of the "Up North" experience. The food is hot, delicious and home made. We highly recommend stopping in. Enjoy the quaint atmosphere and friendly staff.