“Well worth the stop, don't miss it”

Cross In The Woods National Shrine
Reviewed October 21, 2013

After years of driving by on 75, and not knowing how close it is off the freeway, we finally stopped by to see this. It was well worth it. The crucifix was incredible. The other displays were very nice to see. Be sure to stop in the church to see the view of the cross, and see the displays and photographs inside the building. The gift shop was very nice.

1  Thank egraetze

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My first visit here and it took my breath away - the same way I felt about my first visit to Alaska. I felt His presence and thanked Him for all the blessings that I have in my life. I prayed for the people in my life that are struggling with illness and family problems. I felt real peace there. If parents visit with children they need to let them know that this place is to be respected and they should act like they would in Church.
The only reason I gave this a 4 rating rather than a 5 is because the picture that was used for the prayer cards, bookmarks etc was taken on a cloudy dull day - the picture that tripadvisor or the Facebook page with the beautiful blue sky would have been a much better choice.

1  Thank bellasimone
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I don't care if you're an Atheist, the beauty and serenity of the world's largest crucifix and the statues surrounding it are worth the drive. And it's FREE. If you're religious you won't want to leave.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

A 'can't miss' for practicing Catholics and a definite point of interest for all. This attraction, and the surrounding area can provide either a destination or a welcome respite along the way during your trip to the Northern portions of Michigan.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

A visit to the Shrine is a must when in the Indian River area. While this is a Catholic Church, its appeal crosses all religions in spirit. The setting is wonderful and experience uplifting.

2  Thank MPatrick33629