“Horrible Service...Drunk Bartender and Servers!”
Review of The Inn Between

The Inn Between
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian River
The Inn Between
Ranked #1 of 1 Indian River B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went there for dinner and my overall experience was horrible! Only 3 tables with people, so it wasn't busy. The waitress was rude and smelled of alcohol. When we finally got our food 50 minutes later it was cold and greasy. Half our order was wrong and when we tried to send it back the waitress informed us they were out of what we had originally ordered! We complained to the bar tender and she just laughed and said "oh well". We also saw her pour herself several alcoholic beverages, while we were there. The price for what we got was way to much and even though our order was wrong, we never even got a discount! Will never go back there again! I would recommend Christopher's, River Rock, or even Vivio's.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Gaven Y
There are newer reviews for The Inn Between

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went here this morning to have breakfast...took forever for the waitress to come to take our order...one person in our party wanted his food cooked a certain way and the waitress informed him that "if she remembered she would tell the cook, but she could not guarantee it" She was extremely rude and just sat all of our drinks at the end of the table for us to pass out. Then when we asked a question about getting a different drink she turned and walked away without acknowledging us. That was the final straw...talked to what seemed like the manager and he did not seem to care. We walked out and went down the street to Christophers where we know we can get a good breakfast. Will never step foot into that restaurant again.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Krista A
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have been to "The Inn Between" several times. Each time I experienced, rude wait staff, and a owner who is obnoxiously drunk. I have eaten there three times now, simply because I tried to give this place a chance. The food is either overly cooked, way too greasy, or cold by time it get's to you. For the amount of money you spend for a meal there, you would think you would at least get a friendlier staff,and or better quality better tasting food as well. It may be convenient for boaters because it's on the river, but I would spend the money in gas and go to "Hoppies" or "Breakers" instead.
My over all rating on this place: Horrible Staff, Overbearing Rude Drunk Owner, Ridiculously Poor Quality Food, Extremely Overpriced!

Oh, and if your thinking about maybe just drinking there instead....Good luck with that one too! The staff doesn't change, and at night the drunk of an owner sits around barking orders at staff and at guests....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank 73GoodEats
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have had a cottage in Indian River for 20 years and go there very often. The Inn Between is one of only 2 places you would want to go for dinner and drinks, in Indian River. Although the service can be slow, the food is typically very good. The view of the river is great and very entertaining on a busy river day. It's Up North living. Don't expect much and you will be pleasantly surprised. If you want fast food, there is a McDonalds down the street. :) Relax and enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We visited this establishment on the 5th of July 2012 with a party of 6 in total. We arrived and decided to sit at a table on the waterfront but after 15 mins of being ignored by the waiting staff we made the big mistake of relocating to the main bar area. Here we were ignored by the waiting staff for a good 10 minutes more before we were able to order our drinks and food. Already we could see that the place was quite understaffed and we heard mutterings that there was only 1 cook and the place was really busy. In reality the place was about 1/4 full and there appeared to be 3 waitresses working which is more than enough to handle the load. Anyways after a good 1 hour 15 mins our food arrived minus one of our orders, a chicken salad. The waitress returned then a good 25 mins later with the chicken salad but the chicken was frozen and barely cooked and looked pretty disgusting. The pizza was the only edible thing on the menu, the beef and chicken fajitas were cold and sloppy. The table next to us at one stage asked us if there were any waiters because they had been sitting waiting for 45 mins just to order drinks and food! The bar staff only seemed concerned with serving a select group of probable regulars at the bar and pretty much ignored anyone sitting at tables. All in all it was probably one of the worst dining experiences we have ever had! I would advise any visitors to Indian River to avoid this terribly run Inn and go elsewhere..a real let down!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank AndraCiaran
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I can't comment on the food because after waiting more than 1.5 hours, we still didn't have our food. I understand this is a busy time of year, but the owner should staff better. We were completely ignored from the time we sat down until I asked for our drink bill and left. At this time the server decided to argue with me that they have over 100 tables and that they were busy. I'd hate to see the place actually full, because from my view I could see at least 15 empty tables. I had to get up and get my own refills from the bar. I carried two drinks over there, then two more. My second time up there I was told "It will be a minute" then the bartender proceeded to fill drink orders for a table of 8 that had just sat down. They had ordered 2 drinks a piece. Really?? You couldn't fill my coke and diet coke in 10 seconds before you mixed 16 drinks?? Oh, is this becuase the owner (and my waitress) was doing a shot with the group?? I guess that makes sense.

I am a local, and i will NEVER NEVER NEVER return to this place. The atmosphere was great and I could see this being an awesome place to visit. My suggestion: make the owner stay at home and drink and hire a manager that can actually run a business instead of drinking with the customers and stumbling around pushing chairs in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Laura C
Reviewed October 30, 2011

924 I have to agree with you. The only reason the doors are still open is the access to water and view of the river/boats. The service with an attitude ( including ownership) and marginal food has drove many to other locations within walking distance. this place In need of a complete overhaul ( start with attitude )

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 15 in Petoskey
Star Gate Motel
Star Gate Motel
#1 of 6 in Indian River

Been to The Inn Between? Share your experiences!