“Clean rooms, but only if you want to deal with the bad front desk women.”

Days Inn Imlay City
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Imlay City
traversey city michigan
“Clean rooms, but only if you want to deal with the bad front desk women.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the days in for 4 days during my best friends wedding. To book my room and to get the reservation right it took 3 phone calls. Once I arrived I spent 3 nights with the bride in the room she book and we delt with some less then helpful women at the desk, who would text on their phones while talking with us and act as if we were an inconviance. Which yes we kinda of, its a wedding party but we also booked out your entire hotel with guest from the wedding. I canceled one of my rooms and another bridesmaid booked it for her and here hubby. Days later I find out I was charged for her room. When I called the hotel the women who did the switched talked to me and was not helpful at all. She switched rooms, upgraded them to a king and never switched credit cards. Her response was we asked that you not book rooms for eachother. Which I never did, I was canceling a room and she messed up the reservation. Ugh, not that I will ever be back in Imlay City to stay, but if I were I would stay at Motel 6!

WORST COSTUMER SERVICE!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
tOLEDO, OHIO
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I had a lovely stay at this Days inn, where the rooms were beautifully clean and the personnel so very friendly and helpful. I advertently left in a drawer a purse with many valuables. The staff at this Days Inn were so honest, trustworthy, empathic, and hard working in contacting us to tell us of that find. We are so very grateful and appreciative of all the efforts to return that purse, as well as so amazed at our wonderment in finding such concerned, responsible, upright, diligent, honorable, and caring persons-- especially Stephanie Yaroch-- who are employed there.

LOU S

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
imlaycitydaysinn, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Imlay City, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your great review of your stay at our property. We were very glad that we were finally able to reach you regarding the items that you left behind. We would love to see you guys again.

Thank you!
Croswell, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were looking for a hotel close to home to swim and spend the night. The pool was nice but they do not have a hot tub there.
I was impressed how long the breakfast area was open. People were still coming in about 10:30 and able to eat the free breakfast. There was a nice variety of everything.
The walls were a bit thin. When the air conditioner shut off I could hear the people in the next room snoring. LOL
Again for the price of this hotel, I would for sure stay there again!
The desk help was so friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: I would not get a room that looks out to the pool. I think it would be very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing us for your little getaway! We hope to see you again!

Thank you!
London ontario
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The D Inn Imlay City Michigan is a little hard too find but after discovering the entrance it was worth the stay. The rooms have 2 queen or 1 king size bed. It was spotlessly clean and all supplies were in place. The indoor pool closes at 9 pm in respect for the rooms that adjoin it and have viewing windows in the room.The air conditioner was noisy though when I told the front desk a repairman would be dispached the next day. A good highlight in the morning was a full continental breakfast included in the room rate with fresh fruit yougurt cereal and bagek also english muffins. Overall it was a good stay burt could use better signage on main highway to locate it

Room Tip: after you comeover brige off I 69 hotel is a left turn at first set of lights and about 1/2 mile dow...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed during a baseball tournament. There were several teams staying at this hotel during the time. Our room was located near the lobby and the pool. Many of the patrons were loud and literally screaming/partying near the front desk and pool area. Kids were running up and down the halls until at least 11:00 p.m. I yelled at several of them and the person at the front desk sat there and read her book while it seemed like World War III was breaking out. It almost looked like something out of a bad movie. I realize this has a lot to do with who is staying at the hotel but I feel like she should have made some attempt to quiet the people down. Our room was located on the first floor and it was obvious to us that Godzilla had the room above us. They stomped around most of the night and it sounded as if the ceiling was going to cave in. If there were other choices in the area at the time, we would have checked out and left. The breakfast was simple, it looked like they ran up to the gas station and bought a package of miniature donuts and some packaged cinnamon rolls. It was what I expected so not much of a disappointment. As for the room, it was nice. When we first checked in there was a pair of dirty socks on the floor, probably an honest mistake. The room did appear clean with the exception of some cobwebs on the ceiling and the linoleum flooring in the bathroom was dirty around the edges. Make sure you don't get a room near the front lobby, there appears to be no insulation and you can hear everyone checking in/out and coming in and out of the hotel. There was a lot of door slamming all night and the pillows are for those who like huge/fluffy pillows. I would recommend bringing your own pillows if you don't like them to be so big. For the most part not a bad room for the price. Just make sure when you reserve a room that there are no parties/tournaments/group events taking place. If the other patrons are rowdy don't expect much sleep or help from the staff quieting them down. Otherwise, if you are doing a quick stop over this may not be a bad choice for you.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor next to the lobby, it is very loud.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank millerjunk
South Durham, Maine, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel during a 2011 trip to Michigan for a family wedding. We could not have been happier with this choice. The price was very reasonable, the staff treated us like family, the room was clean and comfortable and had a little fridge. It's very close to I-69, good stores and gas stations. Oh...and a nice, free breakfast. Can't beat this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank George B
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Nice facility. Convienent location, nestled between M53 and I69 yet you would never know due to the absence of freeway noise. Room very clean and great housekeeping kept everything tidy during my one week stay. Front desk staff very warm and supportive. Great advice on where to eat, shop, and even get our hair cut and styled. Nice pool and solarium space. Basic continental breakfast served with Michigan hospitality. Love the new area for serving and eating.
This was my second visit in one year. I will return again. Great job Staff. Keep up the Five Star work. You represent what makes Michigan a great place to live and visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Davison Inn
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills

Been to Days Inn Imlay City? Share your experiences!