“Just Keep on driving”
Review of M53 Motel

M53 Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Imlay City
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Sketchy hotel is being too kind. The room had mattresses from different decades, burn marks thru the comforters, greasy hand prints on the walls, no irons, hair dryers, or toiletries provded. The pocket door to the bathroom never closed. The only ice available was a plastic tray from the owners fridge. The Motel appeared circa 1950`s with things added on and dilapidated from each decade in the room. How Priceline gave this a 2 star rating I will never know....

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kitchener1964

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was stuck with this motel after getting it as a 2-star through Hotwire. How they accepted this hotel at all, let alone listing it as 2-stars is beyond me. I complained to Hotwire and they did give me a credit of $25. This motel is '60's style but really dirty. Be careful on bidding for a 2-star on Hotwire until they fix this problem. I have included photos so you can see I am not just a complainer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RickCanadaToronto_ON
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at the M53 Motel for business. The owners barely speak English. My room smelled like bleach and when I used the toilet, it backed up and spilled over, thus the bleach smell I assume. After my stay, I noticed that I had red marks all over my legs. Sure enough I got bit up by bed bugs. When I brought the problems to the owners attention he just denied that there were any problems. Avoid this flea bag (bed bug) motel at all costs.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael V
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This Motel is in need of repair. The shower was the size of a telephone booth. Room wasn't that clean when I was there. The screen door wouldn't shut and it banged in the wind all night.
I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or swimming pool
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AGSDryden
Reviewed September 27, 2008

This is an old motel. the bed was comfortable but the place needs work. It has internet and a fridge and microwave so it is OK, but I wouldn't bring my family here. Also, all of the lights are 25 watt bulbs. Real dark in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Absolutely horrendous conditions. The sink in the bathroom did not drain, the cleanliness was sub standard in all respects and the owner has absolutely NO comprehension of the English language. He is unable to carry on any form of conversation in English. Repeated attempts to discuss the sink issue and others fell on deaf ears since he cannot (or chooses not to) understand anything said to him. Email me if you have any questions. sjp@paskoproperties.com

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebel-Miles-Photo
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Very, very nice people. They even gave us an upgraded room at no extra charge! Our non-smoking room had no hint of cigarette smoke, which I really appreciated. The room was clean and reasonably priced, with a refrigerator and microwave in it. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2007
Best Western Davison Inn
Super 8 Imlay City
Super 8 Imlay City
#2 of 4 in Imlay City

Been to M53 Motel? Share your experiences!