“Good food and location”

Silver Grill Dining
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Imlay City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Service in the afternoon is very good, breakfast just isn't as good. The restaurant changed the type of bread they make toast from so the quality has gone down.

1  Thank Patricia H

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I had eaten here several years ago and let's just say I was less than impressed. Went by there the other night and thought I might as well give it a try again.

The decor had changed somewhat from what I remembered. A little nicer now. Typical "Family Dining" type setting. Noise level was a little high but it wasn't overbearing.

The service was excellent!! We were greeted immediately upon entering, asked for our drink order before we could even get seated.

I had a salad before dinner and had to admit that I was impressed that it was a little more than the typical iceberg lettuce on a plate that you usually get in this type of place, nice mix of different lettuces and greens. Dressing on the side without asking! My wife had the Cheesy Potato soup. She wanted a couple more bowls to take home for later. The bread was well.....bread.

I had the Smothered Roast Beef off the specials menu. I was really surprised when I received it. It wasn't just canned gravy over pre-cooked beef. It had cheese, onions, mushrooms also. And the gravy seemed like it was probably canned, but not the usual Gordon's Food Service gravy. Same for the beef, I don't think it was cooked there, but it wasn't your typical cheap restaurant beef either.

My wife had the 8 piece shrimp dinner, can't really tell much about it because she was so full of soup that she really never did it much of her dinner and it wouldn't be fair to review a shrimp dinner that I ate 2 days later.

All and all, a good experience and I won't shy away from stopping there again. Much better than my first experience!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Tasty food from a varied menu. The prices were good and the amount of food you get was incredible. We went several times and the service was fantastic.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

The food tasted great and there were so many choices. The staff were all very pleasant too. I did wake up in the middle of the night and threw up though so ummm... don't get the veal cutlet! Felt better after that. May be too much heavy red sauce? The portions were ridiculously big. Maybe I just ate too much? It all tasted great so it was hard to put the fork down.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

The staff was incredibly friendly. My cup didnt sit empty long. When I needed a togo box because I was full it was the first available person that got it. Constant flow of service. I am looking for an excuse to go back again. It is the kind of place you know is a local favorite. Well for me a traveling guy it is also a favorite. OH and the food was good. Great soup and broiled fish..