“A decent spot to sleep between Chicago and Toronto” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Imlay City

Super 8 Imlay City
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Imlay City
Markham
“A decent spot to sleep between Chicago and Toronto”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Driving with family from Toronto to Chicago and the cheapest available room at Port Huron was 2.5 times the price of this place. It was clean enough for a quick stopover to sleep. We could hear the people next door, but were too tired to care. The breakfast was good enough. The bathroom was really small but functional. Easy to find off the highway, and the strip near the hotel is convenient for getting gas and loading up on snacks, etc.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Linda M, General Manager at Super 8 Imlay City, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on regarding your recent stay. We hope you stay with us on all your trips between Chicago and Toronto!! Thank you for choosing Super 8!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

after 5 days of travel, it was a pleasure to stay in a comfortable, clean and relaxing motel. The Super 8 surprised me. We will seek out Super 8's first on our return to Arizona.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Linda M, General Manager at Super 8 Imlay City, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am glad you were pleasantly surprised during your recent stay with us. We hope you return to our Super 8 when in the area again and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Ossineke, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were down to visit our son who was working at a nearby Boy Scout Camp. I had read reviews on this hotel but they were conflicting at times and it was a 1 night stay so I took a chance. The hotel is older but they have done a good job of updating it to make it nicer. We were on the bottom floor which I requested. But we were across the hall from the vending machine and between the laundry room for guests and the hall to the back side door. If I were to open the curtain, I would have whomever was out there smoking looking back at me. I also would have liked to open the window but I didn't want cigarette smoke blowing in. Also, the front part of our room had tile on it so the light from the vending machines showed thru a pretty good sized gap under the door. I had to put a towel there all night. However I do believe that may have been an old handicap room since the sink was very low to the floor. Im only 5ft 2 and I had to bend over to brush my teeth. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about but it was satisfactory. The afternoon gal, Kim, that checked us in was wonderful. I had 2 different routes to get back and from the camp and she explained which one was easier. If I go back to visit my son again before he comes home, I would easily stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask to NOT have the room by the vending machine.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I will look into trying to move the smokers away from the building so the guests that stay in the room near the exits don't have to smell their smoke. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I truly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again if you come back to see your son or are in our area for any other reason.
Beecher
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel staff and facility were were great truck parking was good restaurant they recommended was very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

It is our goal to provide excellent customer service along with a clean friendly environment to our guests. Your business to truly appreciated.
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice hotel, close to a few grocery shops and gas stations, great breakfast and great rate. I highly recommend. Good place to bring your pets, front desk lady was very nice too. Nice and close from Sarnia, easy to find nice and clean great place overall!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Many of our guests love that we are pet friendly and having such a large lawn area is a plus for the dogs. We appreciate your review and hope to see you again at Super 8 Imlay City.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imlay City
Days Inn Imlay City
Days Inn Imlay City
#1 of 4 in Imlay City
BEST WESTERN Lapeer Inn
BEST WESTERN Davison Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)

Been to Super 8 Imlay City? Share your experiences!