“wonderful blueberry pie a la mode”

Rainbow Grill Hudsonville
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Hudsonville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The blueberry pie a la mode was wonderful. The berries were fresh, chilled and crisp. The syrup was just lightly sweet and not overpowering. The crust was light and delicate. Outstanding.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Nothing about this restaurant was remarkable. The four of us had similar Ho-hum experiences. Julienned salad was, interestingly, not julienned. Pretty boring salad-right out of the bag iceberg lettuce. I would bet money it had not been rinsed. Dressings seemed usual fare from large gallon jars. Cherry/chicken salad was okay--chicken didn't taste fresh, rubbery texture, bottled vinaigrette. The chili was overly sweet and returned to the kitchen uneaten. Vegetable beef soup had minced vegetables (yes, minced) and reminded me of soup prepared for nursing home residents. Eek! Our server spent a great deal of time using the noisy carpet sweeper around us. I held back from asking her if we should lift our feet up. All in all we found this an overrated, very average establishment. Not worth stopping when there are better options in my humble opinion.

1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I wanted to meet some girlfriends for lunch halfway between Grand Rapids and Holland, so we chose the Rainbow Grill. It seems to cater to the 55 and older crowd, but our food was delicious and the service was good. The atmosphere was nothing special, but it was clean and spacious.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a local favorite and very popular. It had great service and wonderful food. Even though it was very busy we always got seated right away and our food came promptly. It was reasonably priced too. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This restaurant was very nice. We were seated quickly. The booths are a bit small in width, space between the table and booth seats. Our waitress was very nice and efficient. We ordered a fruity chicken salad to split as an appetizer. It's not listed as an appetizer though. It was delicious. I had the loaded chicken, I think that's what it's called. It had a honey mustard sauce on it topped with melted swiss and cheddar and sauted mushrooms. It came with a roll and you got to pick 2 sides. I got mashed potatoes with gravy and cottage cheese. Both were great. My husband got a hamburger and he said it was okay. For dessert he wanted the Dutch apple pie a la mode, but they were all out, we did go for a late dinner around 8, they close around 10 I believe. He decided to get the cream puff, like on the picture of desserts they had on the table. It was very good. Nice warm fudge sauce on top and delicious whipped cream inside. It was very big, big enough for two easily. I got the cinnamon roll. It's served warm with icing on top and some butter on the side. It was also very good and a nice size too. Halfway through dinner our waitress' shift was over so she came over and told us who would be our waitress next. Both of them were very nice and attentive. For everything we ordered it was almost 40 dollars. That was for 3 meals, 2 drinks, and 2 desserts. They also seem to sell some homemade bread and muffins at the register. Sadly, they aren't open on Sunday otherwise we would've gone back for breakfast. Overall, I would go back again and definitely recommend it.