“Fabulous and Very Relaxing”
Review of Essence Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Town
Essence Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Old Town B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous and Very Relaxing”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Spend 17 days and had the most relaxing quiet trip ever..Annie&Eric was a very nice couple and made my stay as comfortable as possible...I stayed in the volcanoe apt and the views from there was amazing..very clean and the price was right and would spend another vacation day without a doubt..thanks Annie and Eric...See You Real Soon:)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Rita063

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Great place! I could sit on the deck or by the pool and see the volcano to my left and the ocean to my right. I think I had a better view of the volcano at Essence than I got at the Volcano Observatory. You could also walk right down to the beach in Belham Valley/Olde Towne in just a couple of minutes, avoiding the bull of course, which always left me a bit nervous :). Eric and Annie made me feel like I was right at home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank sharbaluba
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 30, 2010

My husband and I had the pleasure to stay at Essence Guesthouse for 4 nights. We stayed in the Volcano Apartment, which has one bedroom, one bathroom, a sitting room, and kitchen. The view from the guesthouse was great, with the volcano on one side and the ocean on the other. Eric and Anne were wonderful hosts. They prepared us a three course dinner with wine on our first night there. It was excellenct and much appreciated, as we had been travelling all day to get there. It is a short walk to the beach from the guesthouse, and a longer, but doable, walk to the town of Salem which has a grocery store, restaurants, and rum shops. They have a pool at the guesthouse, which we used on a couple of occasions. I would recommend the Essence to anyone who would like to spend some time in Montserrat.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stachia73
Scotland
Reviewed September 22, 2009

My partner and I spent 12 nights in Montserrat, 8 nights at the Essence Apartment and 4 nights in a cottage in Woodlands that is owned by the same people, and we had a lovely time in both places.

The Apartment is situated minutes from Old Road Bay beach with fantastic views of the volcano. The Apartment is very clean and sheets/towels changed regularly. All facilities are available to allow you to cater for yourself, or you can ask Annie to cook for you - which is also very nice. The pool area is nice and well maintained.

The Woodlands cottage is a very different experience as you are surrounded by trees and different wildlife, but its slightly cooler which was nice. Again all facilities are provided for you. The beach is a 15/20 minute walk but the snorkelling is worth it, we saw a huge variety of fish - head to the rocks area on the right hand side (when facing the water).

What made Essence stand out for us was Annie and Eric. Two lovely people who did so much to help us out and make our holiday a great experience, nothing was too much trouble. Eric took us sightseeing in the area close to the house and we were able to see Plymouth from Garibaldi Hill, he also let us use his kayaks and snorkelling gear which was great. Highly recommend kayaking from Old Road Bay to Little Bay, takes a couple of hours (dependent on how good a kayaker you are - I am not that fast) but very pleasant and you can stop and get a drink at Moose's Crossing in Little Bay.

Highly recommend this place, wish I could go back soon!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank miss_moomin
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed at the Essence in Februari 2009 for two weeks. It was our first time in Montserrat and coming from Antigua it was a relief to arrive in this peaceful and well maintained guesthouse. The appartment was recently renovated and very clean. Everything we needed was there. We made our own lunch and dinner most of the times, but enjoyed a nice breakfast on the terras every morning. The owners made us dinner two times (just ask in the morning if you want to them to prepare something that evening) and that was very tasteful! The owners are very friendly people, they are always ready to help you out if you want to make an island tour or rent a car or go diving. And they have a lap-top and free internet access, so we could read our mails every day (if you would want that during your holiday...). I would certainly recommend this place to people who want to have a relaxing, quit time enjoying the view, the pool and the privacy.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blikavitch

Been to Essence Guesthouse? Share your experiences!