“Good enough”
Review of Kensington Inn

Kensington Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Howell
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I hate it when places get trashed unnessarily. It makes me wonder about the people writing the reviews. I like nice places. I've stayed lots of them. No one would say this is one...however, it also isn't the terrible place many of these reviews make it sound like. It's older, it could some cosmetic upkeep...but there were no holes in my sheets, they didn't come off during the night, I wasn't afraid to set on the bedspread or chairs. The water ran hot and cold, there was decent shower pressure. The fridge and microwave worked. They were pleasant at check in, pleasant whenever I had a question. I do feel that their pet fee of $15 per night is too high. Most places will charge $10 per visit for a pet or no fee at all and frankly, I do not believe a pet could hurt this motel, so I don't know the reason for a fee...but it is what it is and the price I pay for traveling with my dog. I did not see any bugs. Yes, there is a nightclub adjacent, but I stayed there 3 nights (including a Saturday and Sunday) went to bed at 9 pm every night (as I needed to be up at 5) and never heard a thing in regard to the night club. I think the management probably gets sick of people trying to take advantage or being slobs, so maybe these disgruntled people are rule breakers or messy and are mad because they got caught. Anyway, I've stayed there a number of times and will keep going back. I've never had a bad experience. If you want a NICE motel, head on up the road 1 exit where there is a Holiday Inn Express where you'll pay about $30-$40 more and you'll have your nice motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the first section (200-300) I got the impression their long-term occupants might b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Donna B

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the Kensington Inn after a wedding and had a very nice experience. The manager, chris, was very friendly and even talked me into a hot tub room. Price was perfect. My room was clean, the beds were comfortable and I had no problems at all. Would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Coopnkiera
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Rooms were the worst ever. Sheets, comforters, towels holes cigarette burns . Room smelled and just a roach motel terrible

4  Thank R Rodrick R
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Were do I start. Holes in the sheets and comforters. Sheets don't fit the beds. Chairs are broke, dresser draws hanging off. Rooms are just flat out gross and old. Prices are never the same ever.
CHRIS the manager is a total JERK. Treats people that like they are lower then him. No late check out. Have to be out by 11AM and if not charge you for another night. There was one cleaning lady that had short dark hair, after she cleaned the room stuff was missing. She was out partying with all the pipliners and trying to go home with each one of them. This is the worst place to stay and I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. There was some great employee
Wendy in housekeeping and Dave in maintenance John outside maintenance. Always nice and kind and willing to help out. they should be running the place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank R Rodrick R
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is an older property, but the service is good and its located right off the expressway. There are lots of dining options near by as well. They do have micro fridge and refrigerators units available- so if you are staying for a couple of days that would be a great option.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank melbor
Reviewed October 18, 2012

chris and his flock of losers need to be fired ASAP treat people like crap they cut my power off to my room to check for a dog i knew they did it because i steped out side everyone rooms in my roll power was on it was horrible my kids were crying it was dark i triped over my stuff on the floor to go look out side next thing i knew chris called to tell me let housekeepers in no house keeper every came it was a loser arab talking about dog hair 100 extra dont you know vaccuums cant pull up dog hair lol what a joke that place is i wouldnt even pay to get a room for dog to stay by its self please everyone reading theses reviews its the truth the staff is writing that crap about how good and clean it is

Room Tip: check reviews on web
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kelly409
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The manager chris and the maintenance guy are two of the worst people i ve ever come across first the maintenance guy barged in my room while i was gone and made lewd comments to my wife and when she rejected him he told her he was charging us for cooking inthe room and that we had to get out then on top of that the manager chris said we had a dog in our room cause he found dog hair which wasnt ours cause we dont have a dog he tried to throw us out and keep our money i was about to call the police over the matter when he receeded and said we could stay which i didnt want to but ge wouldnt refund my money so i was stuck my advice is pay the couple extra dollars and go to the best western down the street! Beware of kensington inn read the reviews before u stay do not ignore them as i did!!!

• Stayed: October 2012