“Under new ownership, new menu, new hours”
Review of Brunner's

Brunner's
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Howell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Brunner's was sold back in October of 2013, so a few of these reviews are of the "old" Brunner's. at one point it was strictly a breakfast and lunch and the new owners, have kept many of the old favorites.

Breakfast is a heck of a great deal and excellent food quality. They use smith co bacon, it's thick cut and a Michigan based company as well. Hash browns are some of ten best i have ever had and the omelet selection is awesome, my favorite is the California omelet. As far as breakfast food quality goes it's top notch. The new owners switched from many frozen, pre-packaged products to homemade instead. The sausage is a Dave's red label, another Michigan based company. Homemade sausage gravy, it has just enough spice.

Lunch, I love the "pick two" half sandwich, soup or mini salad. In my opinion they have the best Greek dressing I have ever had, it's a creamy style and it's pink? I'm not sure how they do it but its awesome. Salads are fresh, cut I'm house, most places use a pre-packaged salad mix, has a funny taste, but these folks use fresh.

Dinner, now they are new to the dinner scene and at first, it was kind of slow to service. But, my last visit was amazing. They do three specials a night, something new and fresh, could be a special, limited steak such as ribeye or filet, a pasta or salmon. The menu will have something for everyone. My favorite appetizer is their spinach dip, stunning, slightly spicy, amazing.

If they had beer and wine I would be here much more often.

1  Thank 1983richard
There are newer reviews for Brunner's

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Brunners is our favorite place to go for a nice breakfast or lunch. The service is excellent. Whatever isn't right is quickly fixed. The coffee is fine for those of us who like undoctored java. They also know how to poach eggs, which I order medium and often. We have been there hundreds of times without a serious problem. I guess they like us best.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Complete disappointment. Among other breakfast items, we ordered their "House Made Cinnamon Roll", two of them.
They arrived cold with a glop of thick, yellowish, undentifiable substance on the top of each roll.
Silly me, I suggested to my significant other and her Son that it must be some kind of gourmet topping since this venue had such a sterling reputation for fine breakfast. They both tasted their "gourmet" topping and concluded that the mystery substance did not taste like anything that belonged on a cinnamon roll. Garlic taste somehow does not seem compatible with a cinnamon roll. We asked the waitress about it and she said that the topping they use was "special". She made no offer to do anything about our concerns. Finally we sent them both back and told her to have the "chef" taste the mystery topping. She came back and said with a laugh that the "chef" had just taken the Alfredo Sauce out of the refrigerator and confused it with the " frosting" that was the proper topping. No apology, just a laugh. So the "chef" cannot tell yellow Alfredo Sauce from white frosting.
Upon our departure, (AFTER I paid the bill, not looking for a freebie) I asked the person at the counter who accepted my payment if I could see a manager/ supervisor to convey my displeasure. After what sounded to be a heated discussion in the kitchen area behind the counter area I never could get a manager to come out. I gave up waiting. Never going back to a place that puts Alfredo Sauce on Cinnamon rolls for breakfast and thinks it's funny rather than an assault on both the intelligence and taste buds of their customers.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Diner food. This is the sort of place one should keep expectations in check. Breakfast is safe. Service is okay. The experience is white bread boring. Not inexpensive.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We recently moved to Howell and heard good things about Brunners breakfast/lunch but figured we would try dinner since they just started dinner service recently. Walk in and it is clearly a breakfast/lunch place though clean and slightly updated. The menu was surprising for dinner options due to the types of dishes and food combinations. We both had fish which was cooked perfectly and my friend fish wasn't too greasy or salty which is extremely uncommon for fish and chips. The meals came with salad, veggie, starch-potato, and bread. For $11-12 it was plenty of food and worth the few bucks more. Dessert was also awesome. Simply we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of the food. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Jon B