“Great place for the family!”
Review of Castaway Play

Castaway Play
Ranked #6 of 19 things to do in Howell
More attraction details
Owner description: Laser Tag, Indoor Play Structure, Multiple Bounce Houses, Arcade, Build-A-Pal, Atomic Rush, Full Service Cafe, & Daycare
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our family loves to visit the Castaway Play cafe! It is moderately priced and offers an amazing experience for the kids. It is perfect for birthday parties or single families. It can get a bit crowded on the weekends, but it is worth the visit anyway!

1  Thank Jamie H
"kids love"
"arcade games"
"year olds"
in 3 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"run around"
"comfy leather couches"
"excellent place"
"love this place"

Reviewed July 18, 2012

After paying a ridiculous entrance fee, you might be disappointed to see that the playground appears to be homemade with inferior materials. It would hardly pass a safety inspection. They brag on their flyers about their leather seating for parents, but they are worn and torn and mismatched. They have other attractions once inside, but all at an additional cost per child, and per time. I have travelled internationally, and it feels like a third world restaurant with playground, like something you might see in rural Mexico. The tables and chairs look like they were grabbed from Habitat for Humanity. They have signs advertising that parents have abandoned children there while they went shopping, so they make you fill out several pages of stupid release forms when you check in and out. Don't be fooled by the snazzy website and flyers, or by the nice-looking outward appearance of the building. Once you're inside, you wish you weren't!

1  Thank thetravelingworker
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Viewing your grandchildren playing and having fun is outstanding!

1  Thank David A
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have went three times, many months apart. My kids have NEVER been sicker than the disgusting germs we must have picked up here. You can see the filth, and I gave in. I shouldn't have... we had the flu with a 4 day old in the house. I will never, ever go back. Oh and the characters look like they are from 1970.

1  Thank K S
See more reviews
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am a nanny and I took the kids that I nanny for here. It was unbelievably disgusting. We were there for 3 hours and I never once seen anyone clean anything. The food is bland and over priced, the staff is all teenage kids who were rude and the bathrooms were beyond dirty. Yes there are big leather couches and chairs to lounge on but who knows what is lurking in and on them. The other parents were rude and one guy (i presume a dad?) even yelled at one of my kids and my kid wasn't doing anything wrong. All 3 of the kids got sick after visiting here. We will for sure never go back.

Been to Castaway Play? Share your experiences!