“Doesn't measure up.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Howell, Michigan
“Doesn't measure up.”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Service was just OK, seemed like we were putting the waitress out to give good service. Had to ask for additional request's. Water, Napkins etc.... Never came to or table to see how things were, we always had to ask some else to send or waitress when we wanted something....
Food was just ok, nothing exceptional. We won't go back.

• Visited June 2012

Howell
“Rude waiter needs social skills !”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

They line all 2 person tables up against the wall. When my financee asked if we could move, he said sure! When we wanted to move to the next table over away from the not so nice wall,he said not allowed to sit at 4 person table because they might get busy. The place was empty our whole awful dinner experience at Mexiclli Allie !

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank John F
East Lansing, Michigan
“A pleasant, family run restaurant.”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Mexicali Allie's is a pleasant place to eat. It's even nicer when shared with a friend. It's clean - and that says a lot to me.

Chicago, Illinois
“Best Mexican Food in Town!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have been ordering take out from Mexicalli Allies for the past two years and absolutely LOVE it. I've been to Mexico and eaten in numerous Americanized Mexican restaurants - this one is my favorite. Now - notice that I said take out. The interior of the restaurant is very dated and they don't serve alcohol of any kind. Also, I can understand when other reviewers state that the service isn't friendly. Because I've been going to this restaurant for so long, the owners know me by name and my order by heart but they are a little gruff. If you can get over the decor of the inside and the service - you won't be disappointed by the food. The super nachos are the best along with the combination plate and the burrito plate.

Just remember to call ahead before you go because the hours of this restaurant are very strange.

• Visited June 2011
“Mexicali alley worst ever should be garbage alley”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This hole on the wall has rude service. Prices are horrible for mexican food. The place is a creaky old nasty building with crappy tables and obnoxious fat waitresses with crappy attitudes. Save your money and go down to Los tres amigos

• Visited May 2011