All reviews outlet mall off the highway cinnamon rolls nice eating bath and body works products front desk overnight stop booked rooms family suite room was large the breakfast area choose this hotel close to downtown free breakfast indoor pool convenient location next morning
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Checked in here about 7 pm. Checked out the Baymont Hotel which was a little closer to the mall but it was full already. Hotel had a pool and breakfast and a nice eating area. Mall is open until 9 pm so had time to shop after we checked in and go back in the morning. Good location on west side of greater Detroit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the freeway traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Hi MindVisions!

Thanks for choosing us among your many hotel options, and letting us know about your experience. We're happy to know that you liked our prime location, breakfast service, and pool area.

A positive guest experience is something our entire hotel staff takes great pride in. We just regret that we didn't exceed your expectations. Perhaps next time, we'd be able to provide you an experience that aligns with the many 5-star reviews that we receive regularly. Hope to see your soon!

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 24, 2017

I stayed here while in Howell for work. It is in a convenient location. Nothing fancy about the hotel, but clean and has everything you would need for a quick stay. Right off the highway, close to downtown Howell and next to the outlet mall

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
ShawnnaSchuchaskie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We try to make every guest feel welcomed and at home. We are happy you enjoyed our new hotel and look forward to serving you again.

Assistant General Manager
Shawnna Schuchaskie

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Great location close to outlet mall. Clean and updated hotel. Nice breakfast selection. Reasonable rates. Would recommend this location. Walking distance to mall and food and gas station. Right off highway.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Valerie J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

We are excited that you enjoyed our accommodations and breakfast. I hope that you had a great time at the outlet mall and we appreciate your recommendation to others in regard to our property. Guests like you make our hard work worthwhile.
We truly look forward to serving you in the future should your travels bring you back to Howell.
We know that you have choices when it comes to lodging so THANK YOU for choosing us!

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

The Managers here really care about the service their guests receive! Shawnna and Valerie seem like they really get along well, and it shows in the great service they provide. When I checked in they were both joking and laughing with me, and that made me feel like I was special, not just a dollar bill sign! I will certainly be coming back, just because of them!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Valerie J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property!

It's great to hear that you enjoyed both our hotel and wonderful staff. I do remember you at check in and appreciate the fact that you recognized how much we care and value you as more than a dollar. We appreciate all of our guests and want you to feel at home when you stay with us. We want you to be comfortable and I will definitely share this with my Assistant General Manager as this will make her day. We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to Howell.
It was a pleasure for us to serve you!

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

For a fairly new hotel it seemed as it felt dirty. Stayed for business and just wanted a clean place to stay nearby so I could get some work done. The cords were tangled and the breakfast was not very good and I don't think the effort was there

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Management response:Responded September 27, 2017

Hello bomber 45,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us as it is greatly appreciated. I'm so sorry to hear about the sub-par items (from cleanliness to the breakfast) that you experienced during your brief stay. I have shared these items with our team right away and assure you that they have been corrected and won't be a issue moving forward.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance to prove that this was an isolated situation during your stay.