“No frills”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Howell
Detroit, Michigan
“No frills”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Pro:
It's next to Tanger Outlet Mall Entrance.
Good Breakfast

Con:
No automatic temperture control
Beds were little uncomfortable. (Some kind of plastic bags to cover the mattress?)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Northeast Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This hotel went way above and beyond my expectations especially the 2nd shift hostess (sorry but I don't remember her name, but she was so friendly to us.) I was in the Howell, Michigan area for a family gathering. All of my family that came into town stayed at the same hotel. The hotel was very accomodating to our entire family. They even allowed us to use the breakfast area in the early evening the night we arrived to hold a surprise birthday for one of my relatives. The room I had was very enjoyable. The bed and the showwer were enjoyable. I would recommened that you turn up the air conditioning a couple of degrees though. The room can get real chilly real fast. The hotel had a nice pool for my cousin's children to go swimming in and the fitness room looked nice even though I didn't get a chance to use it. This hotel is located right next to an outlet mall, so you could just walk down to it. You could spend the night there if you planned an all day shopping experience there. There is no restaurant right at the hotel, but there is an Arby's next door and a Coney's Island hot dog place across the street, which I was told is awesome, but I didn't get a chance to try it. There is also a McDonalds next to the marathon gas station right by the hotel as well. I was told that this hotel is only a few months old. Everything inside certainly looked new. If you are ever in the Howell, Michigan area and need to spend the night. I highly recommened this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank 1greatscott
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed January 29, 2009

This new Holiday Inn Express in Howell is brand new. It opened a few months before I stayed there with my wife. It's located immediately off I-96, about 30 minutes from Lansing and 50 minutes from Ann Arbor. Although right next to the freeway, didn't hear any noise. The hotel is the only decent lodging option in Howell. Your only other option would be to go 15 minutes down 96 to Brighton. The hotel is located directly next to the Tanger Outlet Center, an outdoor shopping strip with dozens of brand-name stores.

We booked a king suite, which included a fridge and microwave, plus a little seating area with a love seat and two chairs. Perfectly clean. In the evening, we decided to try out the pool. It was absolutely frigid -- this was one of our only complaints. Asked the hotel manager what was up, and she acknowledged the heater had not been turned on. Perhaps because there were so few people staying at the hotel. To compensate, she upgraded us to a whirlpool suite -- a great gesture, we thought.

In the morning, the free buffet breakfast was a nice touch. Nothing special at all, but hard to complain.

My only other comment: at 99 a night, it seemed a bit pricey given that there couldn't have been more than 10 people in the entire hotel that night. Otherwise, though, a great choice!!

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank EarlKid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howell
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
#4 of 5 in Brighton
Best Western of Whitmore Lake
Best Western of Whitmore Lake
#1 of 1 in Whitmore Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell? Share your experiences!