“Am I asking too much?!?”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Howell
Detroit, Michigan
“Am I asking too much?!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am a platinum member of the IHG Rewards program and these guys wouldn't even give me a late check-out last weekend. Unbelievable! I'm not asking for the world, but this was just ridiculous. I was told that the reason this could not be done was that there was a wedding party checking in early the next day. When the next day came however, the place was totally dead and there were no more than five cars in the parking lot at 11:00. When I drove back past the hotel on my way home (at about 1:30pm), the number of cars in the parking lot had jumped to about seven. Unbelievable!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Popaman22
Angela O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Popaman22, Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so sorry for the inconvenience of no late check out available that you experienced during your stay. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the other parts of your stay with us, and we hope that you do stay with us again and allow us to make up for the problems that were experienced during your previous stays with us. Please let us know if there is anything else that we are able to do for you to make up for this inconvenience. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times, mostly because of it's convenient location near the expressway and the fact that it is basically the only game in town. Generally, this hotel is clean and convenient. I have to say, however that the staff seem to be very stingy when it comes to late check-outs. There have been at least five occasions over the last couple of years where I have requested a late check-out and every single time my request has been declined. Many of the times that I have made this request, the hotel was basically empty and the front desk staff were unable to explain exactly WHY I couldn't get a late check-out, simply saying that it "Couldn't be authorized". If there were any other option nearby, I would take it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Angela O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Lubimy,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Howell, MI. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that your experienced during your stay with us, and not being able to have a late check out. We reserve late check outs for our IHG Rewards Club guests, and if you are not signed up we would be more than happy to do it for you. I hope that you choose to stay with us again during your future visits to the Howell area. Thank you, again, for allowing us to accommodate you in your overnight needs, we look very forward to seeing you again.
Centreville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very pleased with my stop over choice. Staff was very friendly. Made use of the free breakfast and spent a good hour in the pool with the kids. Room was enormous (last room at the end of a floor. Gave us plenty of space to unwind after many hours in the cars.

Walking distance to the outlets.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris C
Angela O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Chris C, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! It is wonderful to know how much you enjoyed your stay while you were here with us. It is our express goal to exceed the expectations of our guests, and it is great to know that we were able to do that for your family. Thank you again for the review, we look very forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Howell area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Took the family to Henry Ford and then on a shopping trip to Tanger and choose this hotel due to its proximity to the outlet mall, you can literally walk out the back door of the hotel and you are at the outlet mall. We got a two queen one king family room and it by far exceeded our expectations. The two queens and a pull our sofa were in one room and the king bed in the other with a door. Each of the rooms had independent air conditioning and a TV. The TV had excellent digital picture and many channels to watch.

Breakfast was excellent with sausage, eggs, pancakes, fruit and bread products and of course good coffee.

We will be returning to this hotel next time we go for a shopping trip to Tanger.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Miller-Time-CDN
Angela O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Miller-Time-CDN, Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay, and also that our location was so convenient for you. We look very forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Howell area.
Harrod, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The service and attention to detail by the entire staff was exceptional from the moment we arrived. No matter how small the request they provided answers, suggestions and even called business' in the area to help us with requests.
Special thanks to Cathy & Megan who were on pont everytime we turned around! Great Job!
Even the shuttle from the outlet nearby was "over the top" in service.
This will be our destination each time we are in the area!
Thank you for a great stay during our sons wedding weekend!

Room Tip: We had the king suite & it was very spacious. My family had a everything from a double queen to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Babs E
Angela O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay here with us and we look very forward to seeing you during your next visit to our area!
Adrian, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Over the weekend I stayed at this hotel with my daughter for her dance competition, throughout all of the caos, Gail was able to help me. She helped me find a room that was suitable for my family and I with no trouble. She was extremely helpful and was not snobby, like many other front desk attendants are. Thank you so much for making our stay at the Holiday Inn express, Gail I appreciate it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Haley J
Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband needed to go to Howell, MI for business, I tagged along once I found out there was a huge outlet mall right there. And that's why we chose this hotel, the hotel is practically attached to the mall. The staff at this hotel were the best! Very friendly and beyond helpful, Gail especially! She gave us an excellent recommendation for dinner and she helped us when we needed to change rooms in the evening. We had a bizarre smoke smell when we turned on the bathroom fan, as it got stronger we needed to change rooms. It was no problem to switch rooms, and they were very apologetic. The rooms are huge, clean and well appointed. Being right off the highway, I was worried it would be noisy, it was not, we got a great night sleep. They gave us a late check out which was great. I went shopping in the morning and was able to put things in the room and go back shopping! The breakfast was quite good, we love the pancake machine! Grabbed some yogurts and bananas for a snack later in the morning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dawn C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We appreciate the honor of hosting your accommodations while you traveled to the Howell area. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we will look foward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howell
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
Homewood Suites Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell? Share your experiences!