“Disorganized”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Waited 45 minutes for 2 burgers as written on the menu. Mine was overdone and cool, not hot. The potato chips were a mass of crushed chips, like the end of the bag. Noisy, kids were running through the restaurant down to the waterfront area. Bathrooms weren't clean, floors weren't clean, and windowsills in the restaurant had dead bugs in them. Beautiful setting on the lake, it's a shame that service and food can't keep up with smallish crowd that was in there on a Sunday night.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We love Limberlost but we were very disappointed this year. We have 24 people in our group and this is where we went for our big night out and have always loved it here, so this year we called for reservations and they wouldn't take our group reservation. Can't believe you turn down 24 people who are good tippers because it was a wed before July 4. Lame! You just lost 24 people who won't be back.

1  Thank Ohiospacecowgirl
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Worst fish I had in Houghton Lake. Super greasy and mostly tasteless. Of the 4 dinners none will return.

1  Thank James W
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family and I dined at the Limberlost the week of the 4th of July. There were 7 in our party (4 adults/3 children). Once we were seated, it took forever for a server to finally come and greet us and take our drink orders. Service was slow for our food to arrive, and for reasons unknown (well, other than our pokey server) we saw tables that were seated after us, getting their food before us. So, as to the food: My son's burger came with cheese on it, and we specifically said he wanted it plain, so we had to wait for a replacement. I got a Corn Flake Chicken Sandwich with Onion Rings. I got 3, I'm not kidding you 3 onion rings total on my plate. And the coating on the onion rings was incredibly greasy. Yuck. As to my sandwich, it was OK. I asked for Honey Mustard, and that might have improved it some.......had anyone actually brought it to me. I complained, and got the honey mustard eventually, but by then I had mostly finished my sandwich. Too little, too late. I can only think this place stays in business because there aren't that many choices in town? That being said, we've also eaten at G's Pizza and Little Boots Diner (see my other reviews) and I would recommend either of those establishments over this one.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We took over there back deck. It was great - right on the water and good service for a large group. Food was pretty good but atmosphere was great!