Lets begin with this is a beautiful location, right on the western shores of Houghton Lake. Its a newer hotel, with so much potential. That being said, reception was fast and easy. The room was nice, and a fair price.
The pool area, so called waterpark, which at one time was pretty nice, is run down. Maintenance is terrible to non-existant. One of the two Jacuzzis not working. No lifeguards, needed since they sell day passes. The water temp in the water slide pool colder than the lake outside in December. The lazy river had no flow. Three inner-tubes. The sides of pool need a good scrubbing.
The bath changing room was a nightmare. Rust coming off the door running onto the floor. Towelrack and soap dispenser ripped apart.. Its like maintenance doesn't even visit the pool area. Bring your own towels, the few the provide run out.
That's why its Night and Day. Its too bad, it real could be a gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full service resort located on beautiful Houghton Lake. With Banquet holding up to 400 people ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lakeside Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Lakeside Hotel Houghton Lake
- Houghton Lake Comfort Suites