“Overall a very nice stay”

Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Houghton Lake
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here overnight while traveling for business. Check-in is at 3pm, but I was finished with my work at 10am, so I decided to stop by just in case they happened to have a room available. They were able to find a room for me despite being so early, which I really appreciated. I informed the staff that I would be leaving the hotel around 5am, and was told that someone was at the desk 24/7. The hotel was nice and had a cozy feel. The room was clean and modern, and the view of the lake was an awesome and unexpected bonus. The beach was also very pleasant. It was private with lounge chairs and umbrellas available. However, when I was relaxing on the beach, an employee decided to test the sprinklers, which resulted in a very cold and surprising shower. I could have used a little warning! In the morning, nobody was at the desk for about a 15 minute span while I moved things out to my car. I had to actually call the hotel for someone to come check me out. Thought that was strange.

Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: The lake view is beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Sitting down for coffee, the morning after we got there, (6:30 a.m.) I went looking for (cob webs, dirty floors any thing dirty!) I'm a VERY Lucky person I found NOTHING!!!!! Great place very polite, friendly down to earth NICE place! Right on the beach. Very nice to wake up and watch the ducks swim by.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
beachfronthl, General Manager at Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your comments on the appearance of the hotel, cleanliness is a top priority that our staff takes great pride in providing. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Beachfront Hotel and hope you will return this summer to enjoy beautiful Houghton Lake!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

All I can say the off season price is a lot more palatable, lol! This is a great location, you can walk to the best bar in town, on the water and super comfortable rooms. The summer here must be a blast and this place is usually $300.00 a night, so the bargain was now and I enjoyed the stay. Hope to return during warm weather.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank RoadDogCincinnati
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I love houghton lake, I can't say enough good things about this town! This hotel is the perfect place to stay for a vacation on the water! I think another great thing about this place is the room keys have a coupon for lakeland recreation and that place is a go karting mini golf and arcade, it's a blast!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Springbreakvacation
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Nice getaway. Great location right on the lake. It was winter, so no summer fun, but was still neat to see all the snowmobiles and cars out on the lake. We had a Groupon for a Jacuzzi room, but switched to a lakeview room for the view. Melissa at the desk was able to help us a lot. Would visit again - would be great to do in the summer.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

stayed here a couple years ago right after they re-opened and had great stay then. But since then they've added flat screens, fridges&microwaves in every room, beautiful new patio furniture~all excellent updates, and still awesome customer service & very personable service from EVERY worker here. Already planning next trip there!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geckogirl72
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in mid-October, 2013, and whenever we go back to Houghton Lake, Michigan, this will be the hotel we choose again and again. The outside appearance looks fresh and clean. As you walk into the lobby, there is a fireplace with seating, a flat screen TV on the wall, and the clerk behind the desk was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick and she answered my questions just as quick. I asked about restaurants in the area and was told of several within a short distance. Our room was on the third floor, (which is actually the entrance floor) and we were in room 324, at the end of the hall overlooking Houghton Lake. There was a balcony with two chairs and plenty of room. After sitting on the bed, I thought that it would be too soft, but when I went to bed, they were just right. There was a refrigerator and a coffeemaker in the room, as well as an ironing board and iron. Everything was neat and clean, with no loose hair anywhere in the bathroom, and there was a fresh, clean feel to the room. There is no smoking in hotels in Michigan, and that was a definite plus. The door to the room shut quietly, and there was no noise from other guests both in the hall and in the room next door. The pool and hot tub are on the second floor, with towels available. Again, everything was clean. Breakfast consisted of waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, sweet rolls, juice, coffee, and milk. The coffee was out when we arrived, but a visit to the front desk brought immediate attention and a fresh pot. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. If you are going to stay in Houghton Lake, stay at the Beachfront Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall, on the lake front side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
#5 of 15 in Houghton Lake
Super 8 Houghton Lake
Super 8 Houghton Lake
#1 of 15 in Houghton Lake

Been to Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan? Share your experiences!