We just got home from my sister's wedding at the Beachfront Hotel. We stayed Thurs-Sunday, as the wedding was on Saturday. The ceremony was on the beach, and the reception was held under two tents on the lawn area. All guests were provided with a hotel room on Saturday night, so we had the majority of the hotel booked with our guests.
The hotel and the grounds were in great shape. I can't even begin to explain how accommodating Samantha and the staff were. We were assisted morning, noon, and night. With this being the first large wedding held entirely at the Beachfront, Samantha made sure that there were no details left to chance. She had notes on everything we had talked about at a meeting earlier in the year, and continued to update her notes throughout the entire weekend. If you are considering having a wedding or family reunion in the area, I would not hesitate to give them a call.
Some fabulous 'bonus' features:
* Our immediate family booked all of the ground level rooms, and were able to enter our rooms with ease during the entire event through the doorwalls
* We had access to a bonfire pit on the beach
* There is an outdoor 'cabana bar' type of fixture on the beach with a grill and grilling tools, as well as several picnic tables. We cooked up hotdogs for our guests as a midnight snack!
* Awesome view
* Clean beach - entire beach was raked every morning
* Boat dock - the groom and family arrived to the ceremony by boat
* Free Continental breakfast - standard with the addition of a waffle
* Clean indoor pool and hot tub
*** Please note if you are reading through older reviews - as it threw me off a bit - this hotel is recently under new ownership and has also been updated/renovated. The photos of the teal linens and such that are online do the hotel no justice, as all room linens are new and very nice. ***
We are looking to take a weekend trip this summer, as I can enjoy the beach at the Hotel, while my boyfriend can visit some of the area's golf courses. (He hit up two this weekend!)
THANK YOU again to the Beachfront staff ~ they really worked hard to help create the vision of the bride and groom's special day.
I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful private sandy beach on Michigan's largest inland lake, Houghton Lake. The hotel features barbecue grills, picnic tables, fire pit, indoor pool and hot tub, free boat parking on our 14 section private dock, free wi-fi, pet friendly, continental breakfast, 48 rooms with private balconies, 12 jacuzzi rooms to enjoy for your special occasion, family friendly, great for weddings, family reunions, golf outings, birthday parties, graduations, wedding packages available, group discounts. Closest hotel to the heart of Bud Bash and Tip Up Town USA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Houghton Lake
- Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake
- Houghton Lake Best Western