Spent a couple of nights here in July and found the location to be very relaxing which is what we were there for. Spent lots of time on the balcony overlooking the lake. Room was clean and comfortable with fridge and coffee maker plus guests can use the microwave in the breakfast room if necessary. Breakfast was excellent with many choices - waffle maker, bagels, cereal, toast, etc. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Sam and Kenny, giving us suggestions on what to see and do and where to eat. We were there on a weeknight and it was pretty quiet. Kids seemed to enjoy playing in the fairly shallow water right out the back. Liked the fact that you walk in at street level but you're actually on the 3rd floor at the back. There doesn't seem to be much within walking distance but you can get a pizza delivered!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful private sandy beach on Michigan's largest inland lake, Houghton Lake. The hotel features barbecue grills, picnic tables, fire pit, indoor pool and hot tub, free boat parking on our 14 section private dock, free wi-fi, pet friendly, continental breakfast, 48 rooms with private balconies, 12 jacuzzi rooms to enjoy for your special occasion, family friendly, great for weddings, family reunions, golf outings, birthday parties, graduations, wedding packages available, group discounts. Closest hotel to the heart of Bud Bash and Tip Up Town USA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Houghton Lake
- Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake
- Houghton Lake Best Western