“Best Diner I Have Ever Been Too”

Little Boots Country Diner
Cuisines: American
Detroit, Michigan
“Best Diner I Have Ever Been Too”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This little place hear Houghton Lake is not to be missed. A very small place with only about a dozen booths along three walls and about a dozen tables in the middle could be easily missed along a busy road. As they say in various places in the restaurant they have friendly service and reasonably priced food and boy do they deliver. We were there at lunch time before peak season and the place was still nearly full, clearly with locals. I had an outstanding corn beef hash omelet (probably the best that I ever had) with swirl rye toast and perfectly done hash browns. The prices were very reasonable. As billed the staff was warm the friendly. Their menu choices were very broad and ran from breakfast through dinner--some items are creative like a special they had that day for a 'sticky burger' that included a topping of peanut butter and bacon. They are just a few minutes off of I-127 and well worth the time if that is your route to or from up North. The space is cozy (maybe a little cramped) as a diner should be and I would put this one at the top of my list.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Chris W

upper michigan
“excellent restaurant!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We love Little Boots!!! Every time we are in Houghton Lake we eat here. Outstanding service, super friendly staff, giant portions of home cooked food for very reasonable prices!!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank honeymoonersfromMI
Detroit, Michigan
“Good food, good prices, great service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My sister and I were here in March, and it didn't seem like there were a lot of restaurants in the area, and even fewer with good reviews. We would have passed on this place because it doesn't look very promising from the outside, but the reviews were so good we gave it a try.
Inside it's very clean with an interesting variety of decorations and knickknacks (boots, lots of boots!). The food was pretty basic diner-type food, but it tasted good and the prices were really good. Service was excellent, the staff very friendly. I'd go back here again. Oh, and the soft drinks are served in mugs that look like boots. :-)

• Visited March 2013
Owosso, Michigan
“Great Fish!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stopped in for the Friday night fish fry and was impressed at the variety of fish they offered. I wish I could have sampled them all. Price is definitely reasonable and service was great. Nice little place to eat.

Visited February 2013
Grand Ledge, Michigan
“Super Food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Breakfast is outstanding. Staff is cheerfully pleasant. Great specials all the time. tasty meal for a good price!

• Visited January 2013