“Andy P”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Houghton Lake
Lagoon Resort & Motel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Houghton Lake
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We rented two cabins for a family bow hunting trip. The cabins were clean and cozy, and ready on time. The kitchen was well supplied. The location was excellent with millions of acres of state land within a 15 minute drive. The owner was very friendly. We plan on returning for another hunt and a summer vacation

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a weeks vacation up at Houghton Lake and stayed at the Lagoon Resort. The grounds were kept up, and the cottage, while not new, was clean and very comfortable. We rented one that had a lake view. Don, the owner, was very accommodating and helpful. He even allowed me to tie up my small aluminum fishing boat to his dock saving me trips to the DNR launch site about two miles away. We will definitely be spending more time at the Lagoon Resort in the future. Thanks Don for a very pleasant stay. Ric and Betty H. Romeo, MI

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As I was scrolling through some of the great reviews I come across one that indicates that the owner was rude and drank there alcohol. I highly doubt that was the case. Don and his son Brian were some of the most laid back and personable people I have ever met. They were by far the best owners of a resort I have ever met. We had originally requested a 2 bedroom cabin and upon check in we wanted to see if a 3 bedroom was available and it was. This place was huge. We had 3 bedrooms, a full kitchen, living room, and a sun room. Oh and did I mention it was right on the water. As far as amenities go. They had a paddle boat, 2 kayaks, a big sand beach, tons of toys for the kids, a bonfire pit, basketball, tether ball, and a swing set. Oh and I almost forgot, a slide in the lake that the kids loved. This place felt like a home away from home. Please don't let a negative review deter you from this place. I do a lot of research on this site and have been many places and I have never felt better than here. My family and the others that were up there would also agree. I already booked again for next year. Thanks Don and Brian. You guys made my family experience a great one!!

Room Tip: ask for a lakefront room. totally worth it
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jaydog77
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had a three day stay, recently. Don was a wonderful host; exceptional, friendly service. Really, really, really enjoyed our whole experience. The place is quaint and charming. Spotless clean cabin too!
Thanks so much Don!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We called last minute for Labor Day weekend. I called a couple other places and called back to book it. The owner Don was awesome from our first phone call to checking out! Thank you! It felt just like going up north to grandpa's house. Very welcoming, very friendly and relaxed. My wife and I were looking for a last boating get away for the season with our boat and this was perfect! It is NOT a Hilton with room service. It is the best for a true northern Michigan get away. The price was awesome, the guys are very friendly, place is clean and location is perfect. We look forward to being back soon and becoming a regular fixture there! Thank you Don. See you again soon! Don and Kim M., Lowell, Michigan.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DLMIII
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Myself and my family have been going up to the Lagoon Resort for more than 23 years. We always feel like we are at home and the owner Don Thomas and his son Brian are always helpful in making our yearly vacation a success.

This year we had a little excitement because there was a man in a wheel chair and someone was pushing him out on the dock and the wheel chair went over the side. There were several people offering assistance to get the man out of the water and on the pontoon. That is the way people are up there, it is just like family. Everybody watches out for each other.

It is a special place to start family traditions by going there on vacation and continue every year.
Lots of great things to do.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family looks forward to our Lagoon Resort stay all year long. Mr. Don, the owner and his son, Brian have become like family to us and greatly enhance our time at the lake. Many of the same people come year after year to enjoy the laid-back, relaxing atmosphere they provide. Most nights, my husband and I invite Mr. Don to have dinner with us at our cabin where we catch up and share stories. I have stayed at many 5 star resorts, but I come home more rested from this trip than any other. If you are looking for an up-North experience, this is it! Nightly bonfires, fishing, volleyball, swimming, the beach(much, much more than 8 feet) and more! In my years at the resort, many friends have been made with very few incidents of unruly guests. This year a family was rude and disrespectful to the owners and their property, damaging his pontoon boat along with being inappropriate and vulgar. It is sad when people who behave in such a manner can use such sites to spread misinformation. Lagoon Resort is the vacation we choose to relax and get away from all the stress in the world! Love it !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family