“You expect better”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Richmond, Virginia
“You expect better”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant has actually changed its name, if I am correct about this being the one next to the Comfort Inn Lakeside. Perhaps it was because it was winter, I only had two other dining partners in the whole restaurant. There were a few more at the bar but that was it. They obviously were not expecting too many folks as, except where we were eating the facility was dark. I found the waitress friendly and helpful and ordered her recommendation which was the nights special. It was hot and well prepared. The chef came out and thanked me for coming. How often does that happen? My biggest complaint was the beer. They had a good selection on tap and I started with a local micro brew. Good Choice. Desiring something else that was lighter I ordered a reliable standby... Shocktop by Budweiser. It had obviously been around a while and I left a half glass on the table. The annoying part was they charged more for the Shocktop than the microbrew. Perhaps I am missing something here. Doubt if I give these folks another chance at my dollar.

Visited January 2013

Grand Ledge, Michigan
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great food & nice atmosphere a beautiful view of Houghton Lake. Ask for Zelma to be your waitress, she makes a great dining experience.

Visited July 2012
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and nice view”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The waitress need some reminding of our order, set ups, and drinks but the food was very good. Nice mix of traditional and indian cuisine.

Visited August 2012
Harrison, Michigan
“Okay Spot”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We loved this place when it first opened, but then they kind of slipped. Haven't been back since.

grand rapids, michigan
“Nice hotel restaurant”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

There's entertainment wed, fri, sat. Nice screened porch which is important since they have may flies there. Lobster Alfredo and perch were very good. Zelma the bartender was fun...good drinks.

Visited May 2012