“Very pleasant and relaxing...a step back in time”

Four Seasons Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Houghton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Woodbridge
“Very pleasant and relaxing...a step back in time”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I shared the 2-for-1 priced Afternoon Tea, which consisted of a small lunch item PLUS a followup tray of "goodies" including finger sandwiches and desserts, with, of course, a choice of hot tea (many, many different exotic and flavorful teas). The lunch itself was small but flavorful. Now this is hard to say, but honestly, on THIS particular visit to the Tea Room, our "finger" sandwiches were "tired" and uninspiring. The desserts were a mixed bag of "ok." The tea was, as usual, wonderful (I had the Creme Brulee and my wife had Pumpkin- they really did taste like, well, the real thing). This is a great setting, nicely furnished with 30's music pleasantly ringing in the background. I hope our food experience was simply an anomaly from previous experiences. The folks there are very pleasant, and if you look "touristy" they will give great local advice and even offer to take your picture. I say "try it" and I hope you will experience their best.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank foodfan57VA

Houghton, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little touch of heaven in downtown Houghton”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I sometimes wonder when I see poor reviews if that person is a reflection of the review. I have been coming to the Tea room since opening and have never heard nor experienced anything negative. The food is charming and delicious, the pricing is worthwhile, and if you're looking to be thrifty this is actually the best deal in town! Alone I order the Lady Ethel which includes tea, A cup of soup and your choice of Quiche or Lasagna or Tuna Salad Croissant-it's incredibly filling and satisfying. When with a friend we get Afternoon Tea-A 3-tiered tray with Sandwiches, Sweets and Scones, Cream and Lemon Curd for $11.95 which is just enough! If we're really hungry we get the Full Afternoon Tea -A 3-tiered tray with Sandwiches, Sweets and Scones,Cream and Lemon Curd, A cup of soup and your choice of Quiche or Lasagna or Tuna Salad Croissant all for $14.95. We always end up bringing this amazing food home in our sweet swan tinfoil package-hooray for leftovers to die for! The service is wonderful, I've brought in groups of 20 and the staff are a joy and add to our party atmosphere. The decor is tastefully done with a touch of whimsy, you just wish you could make it your home. You can come in with jeans or fully dressed and never feel out of place. This week I'm bringing a party of 10 and we'll have a frenzy of pictures with our hats, gloves, and bling.A real treat, and you give what you get, just like anywhere-be pleasant and patient and you'll be treated equally.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank takeroot
Michigan
“Charming, Relaxing, and Delicious tea room”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

This tea room is a real treat and a downtown Houghton gem. It is beautifully appointed and has all the trimmings one would expect from a classic tea room, including impeccable and friendly service. I had the soup and salad combination ($8 range) and chocolate peanut butter cake ($3.75). They were very good. The full tea seemed like a little too much food for me but it was well done (I saw it presented to other tables) and seemed to include a nice variety of sandwiches and desserts. I saw a lot of people leaving with leftovers. They also have a nice array of teapots, cups, and tea for sale in their front shop. I highly recommend this place to visitors and I will definately be back on future trips to Houghton.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“its k..”
Reviewed December 11, 2007

its k..

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Delafield, Wisconsin
“One of the best tea rooms anywhere”
Reviewed September 8, 2007

This is a wonderful tea room. If you like tea, this is the best. The afternoon tea comes with homemade quiche and homemade soup. The sandwiches, scones and cookies are excellent. The owner and her mother prepare everything themselves. They are wonderful bakers, and very friendly and helpful. The tea room itself has a lot of charm and atmosphere. The prices are reasonable. This place is truly a gem. If you're in Houghton, don't miss this place!

1 Thank Crazywabbit