“Side street cafe' with a genuine homemade flavor!”
Review of Suomi

Suomi
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Houghton
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Mostly eat there for breakfast when I am in Houghton - fast service even on crowded days, and the food is tasty and filling. Hint - order the Nisu bread for toast or French toast, and get the grilled onions with the hash browns!

1  Thank ALLEN T
There are newer reviews for Suomi

Reviewed November 17, 2013

One of the best breakfast places in the state. Always packed. Worth the wait. Wait staff very friendly. Reminds me of Angelo's in Ann Arbor. Everything is good. Remember to buy some Finnish Bread to take home. Good value. 3 people full breakfast plus a loaf of bread to go; $24 before tip.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We recently ate here for breakfast, and it didn't disapoint! We got the finish french toast and panakukan, and the kids blueberry pancake. The place was somewhat busy at 8AM on a Sunday, but service was fast and the food was good. It was great to see so many locals there for breakfast and students with their partents, it's obviously a popular place. I can't wait to get back to check out their lunch!

1  Thank pops_porter
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If I lived in Houghton, I'd eat every breakfast at this wonderful Finnish influenced restaurant. It is absolutely full of local folks every day and the Finnish pancakes and french toast were wonderful. Great oatmeal too!

Staff is VERY friendly and helpful. I heard they have a great lunch also.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We read some reviews and thought this would be a good "home style" breakfast. We weren't disappointed. Think greasy spoon, but with much better than average food and very friendly staff. This place appears to be a local favorite, which is usually a good sign. We were seated immediately and our food was out in quick order. Nice, friendly, attentive wait staff. I would recommend and I would go back.