“Country Inn is Consistent”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Houghton
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We traveled to Houghton to spend a couple days with family. We stayed a Friday/Saturday night. Everyone at the Inn was very friendly. Our room was next to a stair; but was still very quiet. It was clean and well stocked. Our King size bed was very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Marie H,

Thanks for choosing our hotel during your recent trip to Houghton. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and appreciate your five star rating. I hope we can serve you here again on a future visit.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton

Reviewed September 29, 2013

They staff was great! The provided for all our needs. When we left our bathroom supplies at home they provided us with a personal sized of everything we left at home. The breakfast was great. The lobby had an aroma of fresh baked cookies. We had a room on the backside of the hotel and it was quiet. The windows open to allow cool fall fresh air into the room. I really like that! We WILL be back to this property in the future. Oops almost forgot the price for our two day weekend stay was GREAT!

Room Tip: I bet all the rooms are good choices. The property is on a hill away from street noise.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were taking a Surprise Birthday Trip for Hubby to travel the UP of Michigan ..... When we arrived at the Motel it was after dinner and I had not booked a room since we just didn't know how far we'd be able to travel from home in one day.

I walked in and was greeted at the front desk by a Lovely Young Lady named Whitney and I told her that I'd like a Special Room for my Hubby staying two nights. There were rooms available for two nights if we changed rooms in the morning but I didn't want to do that and that is when Whitney make some magic happen and she was able to switch us around and found us a Beautiful Whirlpool Room for both nights... See My Photos and See for Yourself!

Neat, Clean, Comfortable and we were pleased as punch. Great Wi-Fi and Great Cookies in the Lobby.

Close to the Copper Country and Whitney again gave us maps and highlighted the way........ Be sure to check out their brochures that will show you all around the area.

Enjoyed our stay and always glad to stay at Country Inn & Suites .... Don't forget to get their Points Card so you can earn free nights!!

Room Tip: I always take a room on the top floor..... Much quieter there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I know when I stay at a Country Inn that I will have a comfortable bed, clean room, decent breakfast and a good experience. This hotel was no exception. There was nothing outstanding, but nothing out of the ordinary either. The hotel is set back away from the main road. Far enough back that you begin to wonder if you are headed in the right direction. We had a room with 2 beds and a rollaway to accommodate all of us. The room was comfortable, though with a roll away there isn't much room to walk. Breakfast was decent with many options. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool and hot tub were on the small side, but again, clean and well taken care of. My requests when I made the reservation were honored. I was greeted as a Club Carlson member and made to feel like they appreciated my business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tvlagntwkids
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear tvlangtwkids,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Country Inn family of hotels and staying with us during your recent visit to Houghton.I'm glad you found everything to your liking, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here passing through on a UP road trip. We were immediately greeted as we walked in by a friendly front desk attendant. We stayed in a 2 room suite with 2 queen beds (2 adults and 2 children ages 3,4). The room was very clean and quiet, maybe a little cramped for a family of four but definitely workable for the decent price. The beds were very comfortable with nice linens and pillows. Each room had a very large HDTV. There was free wifi that was easy to use. My kids enjoyed the pool, albeit a small pool it was nice for them to swim. There is also a hot tub and wading pool. The breakfast was very nice and included Belgian waffles, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, cereals, pastries.... There were always coffee and small snacks available in the lobby as well. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

1  Thank SkolVikings
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My friends and I shared a suite room with a privacy door (two queens in the bedroom and a sofa-bed in the 'living room'). Everything was very clean. Our mini-fridge wasn't operational, and a couple of the lamps were not working in the bedroom. When we called the front desk they were very prompt in responding and immediately switched out our mini-fridge for another. They also fixed the lamps promptly. Breakfast was good (do-it-yourself waffles were the best). The pool looked very inviting, but I did not have a chance to use it. There was a lending library in the lobby and a very nice business center--more private than the ones I have seen at other hotels. The location was great--on the outskirts of town, but close to everything. The staff were very friendly. The only downside was that the mattress on the sofa-bed was paper-thin. I slept on it the first night, but felt the springs very clearly and got very little sleep. The next few nights I slept on the sofa (bed folded in).

Room Tip: If you are traveling with someone who snores loudly (as was the case with my group), opt for the sui...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Ibeth353,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad you were happy with the response and resolution we had when you brought the issues with your fridge and lamps to our attention. I am sorry about the hide a bed mattress and offer my apologies. We will look into this and replace it as soon as possible. I hope you and your friends will be our guest again on a future visit.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was glad to find a Country Inn & Suites in Houghton, as all previous experiences with the brand have been very good. This was no exception. Stayed three nights. I had a King Suite with microwave and refrigerator. Clean room. Bed was very comfortable, pillows got very flat, a problem in most hotels. Bathroom very good, ventilation a bit slow. Some towels need replacing. Large, high quality HD TV. The room location, for a suite, was not good, with noisy HVAC just beyond the window, vending right outside the door (should be in a separate area), and next to the breakfast area (should be a buffer room between). Hotel location is easy access, near most everything in town. A very interesting town to visit!

Room Tip: Stay away from the public areas and noisy equipment.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear HemlockHill12,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Country Inn family of hotels and for your recent stay with us. I understand and agree with your comments about the location of your suite and apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience it caused. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houghton
Quality Inn & Suites
Baraga Lakeside Inn
Baraga Lakeside Inn
#1 of 4 in Baraga
Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton? Share your experiences!