“Mineral Museum a must-see!”

Mineral Museum of Michigan
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Houghton
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Mineral Museum was one of the best parts of our trip. We went on Tuesday, which happens to be the free day at the museum. The staff member on duty was very nice, and the exhibits were pretty cool. We especially liked the black light exhibit.

There are newer reviews for Mineral Museum of Michigan

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Seaman's Museum is a must see. They recently renovated and added on to an already superb collection of copper, silver, rocks, minerals and fantastic specimens from around the world including large gold crystals. If you are in the Houghton, Michigan area and need an activity for families this is a must see. They have a great gift shop too.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were christmas shopping - for oursleves and for others. very unique gifts The museum has aot of interesting specimens that areeasily accessed and displyed well. It contains minerals from places other than Michigan as well

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was on the campus to take pictures of the football field when I stumbled onto this gem (pun intended) of a place! I lucked out and was there on a free day, too, so I even saved a few bucks. Not somewhere to spend an entire day, but a good place to roam around for an hour or two. In the back was a blacklight room that had some interesting minerals that sparkled quite brightly in the light. A lot was also there that dealt with the history of the area. I recommend everyone visiting this museum.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This museum far exceeded my expectations of a mineral museum. There were so many specimens that my friends and I didn't have time to see them all. I especially enjoyed the exhibits that showed items made from various metals and minerals--very eduational!
My friends and I received a discount because we were attending a mineral retreat in the area. A great place for adults and children alike!